Hollywoodbets has an exciting opportunity available for an Events Coordinator to be based in Team Support, Durban, Umhlanga to provide support to the business in terms of events and related activities.
- Microsoft Office- Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- 1 -3 years’ experience in an Events related role.
- Drivers Licence.
- Completed or studying towards a relevant Degree or Diploma.
- Coordinate from conception to completion the details of events such as golf days, conferences, road shows, airport promotions, Kingsmead promotions, July parties, selected charity events, F&B events and any event deemed important for the company.
- Hire, train, educate and manage team of casuals to assist with events.
- Set out proper event procedures.
- Define event objectives to achieve for each event and follow through.
- Ensure the health and safety as well as gambling regulations are strictly adhered to.
- Obtain quotes, set up budgets and adjust when necessary. Record every expense for the event.
- Book venues and tools, and negotiate fees to always obtain the best price.
- Prepare invitations and send out at the appropriate time.
- Work with the various departments to achieve objectives.
- Work with the PRO to ensure maximum brand exposure in the media and post event reporting.
- Drive attendance to the event.
- Analyse the event performance and give detailed feedback.
- Prepare all events in advance and maintain an annual events calendar.
- Define the company brand through all events and keep consistency with excellence at the forefront.
- Ensure all team involved is adequately prepared for the event.
- Ensure set up and coordination of the event runs smoothly.
- Control the quality, breakdowns and stock levels of the company branding.
- Available to work flexible hours due to events happening after hours and on weekends.
- Available to travel nationally.
- Maintain a high level of energy for all events.
- Conduct market research and ensure the target market that event reaches is understood.
- Manage multiple projects at one time.
- Identify suitable speakers, DJ’s and entertainers.
Skills and competencies:
- Good communication and Interpersonal skills.
- Good business acumen and high ethical work standards.
- Impressive planning, organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to multitask and show initiative at all times.
- Ability to work under pressure and still produce good quality results timeously.
- Excellent presentation and reporting skills.
Please note that only applicants who meet the stipulated minimum requirements will be considered.
Please be advised that should you not be contacted within 30 days, kindly consider your application to be unsuccessful.