Job title: Executive Intern (12 months contract)
Type: Permanent ☐ Fixed Term ☒ Temporary ☐
Main purpose of the job:
The Executive Office provides direct support to the Wits RHI Executive. The
Executive Office is looking for a reliable, professional, enthusiastic, and
energetic Administrator to provide direct support to the Executive Office
Manager. This role provides a support and coordination role that is
professional, comprehensive, and exclusive.
Location: 22 Esselen Street, Hillbrow
Closing date: 09 September 2021
Submit detailed CV to: Vacancy6@wrhi.ac.za
Advert reference number: LM – 002MAF
In accordance with our Employment Equity goals and plan, preference will be given to suitable applicants
from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments
Key performance areas
• Typing and drafting of documents, including letters, memos, and reports.
• Maintain the Electronic and manual filing systems.
• Maintain different databases, for example contacts, meetings, conferences, and teleconferences attended.
• Maintain an accurate up-to-date record of all executive office travel arrangements that is easily accessible.
• Maintain records of all Executive travel expenses on relevant databases.
• Ensure external and internal reimbursements are tracked.
• Carry out all requests from Executive Office Manager.
• Bring to the attention of the Executive Office Manager any issues that need resolving in a timeous manner
• Any other appropriate activities related to the effective functioning of the Executive office.
• Confidentiality and integrity.
• Ability to work well under consistent pressure.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent telephone etiquette.
• Good timekeeping.
• Attention to detail and quality of work.
• Ability to see all tasks through to completion.
• Positive, enthusiastic, and self-motivated approach to work.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Computer skills, particularly in MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook.
Required minimum education and training
• Grade 12
• Diploma in Office Management or equivalent.
2 | P a g e
Desirable additional education, work experience and personal abilities
• A dynamic and compatible personality able to deal with visitors and staff of all levels.
• Communication and interpersonal skills of the highest quality.
• Above average organizational skills.
• It is desirable that the candidate has some experience in operations coordination.
Required minimum work experience
• No experience needed.
• Willing to learn and open minded.
Should you be interested in applying for this vacancy, please send an email to email@example.com. The subject heading
of the email must read LM – 002MAF and the job title of position applying for. Please include the following documentation:
• A cover letter (maximum one page) that clearly states which vacancy you are applying for
• A detailed CV