Dis-Chem Pharmacies requires an Executive Personal Assistant at our Head Office in Midrand. You will be required to assume the duty of clerical and administrative support in order to optimize workflow procedures in the office, assist colleagues and Executives/Directors by supporting them with planning and distributing information, be the point of reference for all queries, requests or issues and will be an integral part of the company’s workforce.
- Grade 12 / Matric
- Diploma in relevant field
- Working in an office environment with exposure to MS Office, working for C level superior
- 5 years assisting Senior Management
- Retail , logistics, marketing , project management or digital communication experience
- ERP Systems Experience
- Adhere to essential secretarial duties, effectively manage the Executive/Director diary and relevant events.
- Draft letters or reports as per standard operating procedures.
- Answer phone calls and redirect them when necessary, or take messages.
- Manage the daily/weekly/monthly agendas and arranging new meetings and appointments, as well as taking minutes- calendar/ diary management, be proactive do follow-ups, bookings internal and external, refreshments etc.
- Organize and co-ordinate corporate travel, visas and accommodation for the Executive/Director when needed.
- Prepare and disseminate correspondence, memos and forms.
- Prepare documentation and attend meetings with the Executive/Director as needed.
- Prepare documents for tender, expression of interest and project submission as needed.
- File and update contact information of employees, customers, suppliers and external partners.
- Ensure sufficient quantity of office stationary at all times and order new stationary as needed well in advance.
- Assist and facilitate the completion of regular reports.
- Meet and greet visitors at all levels of seniority in a polite and professional manner according to Dis-Chem standards.
- Ensure a meaningful relationship with the stakeholders and external customers is being upheld at all times.
- Address client/suppliers issues or concerns and ensure they are dealt with promptly and accurately.
- Maintain confidentiality and high level of integrity
- Advanced administration skills
- Computer Skills – Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Advanced Excel skills
- Attention to detail and manage urgency
- English – Read, write and speak at an excellent level
- Trustworthy, Honest and friendly
- Ability to take instruction and make appropriate notes to ensure delivery according to expectation, follow up on execution
- Be consistent and behave in a professional manner
- Demonstrate ability to deal with a variety of people
- Be detailed oriented and managing urgency
- Organizational and planning skills
- Adhere to Code of Ethics
- 2nd Additional language
Special conditions of employment:
- Needs to work under pressure and reach tight deadlines
- South African
- MIE, clear criminal and credit
- Driver’s license and/or own reliable transport
Remuneration and benefits:
- Market-related salary
- Medical aid
- Provident fund
- Staff account
ONLY SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED. IF YOU HAVEN`T BEEN CONTACTED WITHIN TWO WEEKS AFTER THE CLOSING DATE CONSIDER YOUR APPLICATION AS UNSUCCESSFUL.
Dis-Chem Pharmacies is an equal opportunity employer. Dis-Chem’s approved Employment Equity Plan and targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process aligned to Dis-Chem’s Employment Equity & Transformation Strategy. Dis-Chem actively supports the recruitment of People with Disabilities.