Winning Media has an exciting opportunity available for a Fabricator to be based in Umhlanga, Durban. The successful incumbent will ensure that there is compliance with all policies and procedures and strict adherence to internal controls. Ensure production reporting is done accurately and timeously and contains appropriate content to enable effective decision making. Ensure maintenance and upkeep of the company’s machinery using the most cost-efficient maintenance processes. Ensure achievement of company’s strategic objectives, goal plans and targets. Support the Operations Manager and GM with Ad hoc duties.
- Must have a driver’s license.
- A minimum of 5 years in Mig and Tig welding experience.
- A minimum of 3 years boiler making experience.
- A minimum of 1 years of Technical knowledge on printing and fabrication.
- Relevant degree/diploma and trade test in welding/fabrication.
- Ensure most efficient maintenance and planning solutions to minimize the company’s internal cost and company downtime.
- Effectively manage and report on downtime.
- Ensure appropriate templates and models are created and saved to substantiate decision making.
- Effective management of the machinery using quality control checks, aging, running cost etc.
- Establish/implement internal controls to maintain and improve productivity.
- Ability to Design and Fabricate structures to assist with site installation.
- Identifying weakness accompanied by timeous corrective action.
- Forecasting/planning according to customer demands/events.
- Managing of all production both internal and external.
- Quality check of prints, vehicle prints, internal and external signage / fabrication.
- Professional customer interaction with the highest integrity.
- Ordering of Materials/Stock via Stock Controller.
- Enforcing ethical, honest, transparent, fair work environment.
- Sourcing of training as and when needed for your teams.
- Talent retention (through role creation, career path planning).
- Succession planning.
- Sustainable morale and team building.
Compliance, risk and quality:
- 100% compliance with health and safety regulations.
- Maintenance of department process write-ups/ system descriptions and quarterly updating.
- Ensure logical saving of all work, templates, etc. monthly and yearly such that each year’s financial records can stand on its own when enquiries/ investigations/audits take place.
Growth and new markets/products:
- New service offerings/ products directly related to Signage/Design.
- Ensure measures are put in place and steps are taken to achieve the short term, medium term and long-term goals of the company.
- Competitor intelligence and remain in touch with new signage solutions/new technology.
Skills and competencies:
- Good communication and interpersonal skill.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must be result driven.
- Team player and ability to show initiative at all times.
- Ability to work under pressure and still produce quality results timeously.
- Strong People Management skills and problem-solving skills.
- Must have a strong sense of accountability.
Please be advised that only candidates who meet the stipulated minimum requirements will be considered.
Please be advised that should you not be contacted within 30 days, kindly consider your application to be unsuccessful.