Identification and monitoring health and safety risks and hazards in the workplace. Ensure adequate measures are being implemented to minimize or ultimately avoid risks and hazards.
Plan, organize and control facilities management.
- Establish health and safety standards;
- Formulation and implementation of health and safety polies and procedures and ensure that these comply with the law;
- Conduct risk frequent risk assessments in order to identify risk areas in the workplace;
- Respond to any safety complaints and concerns raised by employees;
- Ensure health and safety equipment (e.g. PPE) is provided and used;
- Assess competence of Health and Safety Committees and provide guidance as to their activities;
- Lead and control in-house health and safety training and awareness campaigns;
- Develop and implement procedures for the reporting of incidents and accidents in the workplace
- Assist Management with the development of a property strategy;
- Space management and optimisation of available space – planning for the future by forecasting the facility’s upcoming needs and requirements;
- Development and implementation of a building maintenance programme;
- Building administration;
- Manages and reviews service contracts;
- Overseeing any renovations, refurbishments and building project; and
- Compiling and managing budgets
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent Relationship Manager who influences & collaborates with peers & stakeholders to deliver mutual success.
- Effective Change facilitator who thinks innovatively & acts decisively, adapting positively to challenges.
- Results‐driven, equally comfortable and experienced at working strategically or operationally to drive continuous improvement and operational excellence
- Role model who demonstrates high standards of ethics & professionalism, aligned to the values of the Co-operative.
- First‐hand experience of Health and Safety issues, a sound knowledge of the associated regulatory framework and how it can be influenced.
- Full understanding of the challenges of managing the complete range of Health & Safety issues in and closed office environment
- Proven track record of working credibly with a range of stakeholders and contractors.
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- Able to think clearly, creatively & decisively.
- Strong listening and analytical skills, able to absorb and interpret information.
- Equally comfortable operating as part of a team or on a standalone basis.
- Strong project management skills.
- Sound business acumen with a practical, solutions‐driven approach to industry challenges & Member requirements.
- Sound knowledge of Accident and Risk management
- Qualification in facilities management, business administration or relevant field.
- 3 – 4 years’ experience as facilities manager or relevant position
- 4 – 5 years’ experience in Health and Safety