The Legal Practice Council (LPC) is currently embarking on a process to fill the role of a Filing Clerk in Pietermaritzburg (KwaZulu Natal Provincial Offices).
About the Company
The Legal Practice Council is a national, statutory body established in terms of section 4 of the Legal Practice Act, No 28 of 2014. The Council regulate the affairs of and exercise jurisdiction over all Legal Practitioners (Attorneys and Advocates) and Candidate Legal Practitioners.
Qualifications & Experience
- Matric/Grade 12 Certificate.
Knowledge & Experience
- 2 years Administrative Experience
- Knowledge of Legal Practice Act;
- Computer literacy (MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
How you can make a difference?
▪ Administration ▪ Attention to detail ▪Communication ▪ Deadline driven ▪ Interpersonal ▪ Integrity; ▪Telephone etiquette ▪ Multi-tasking ▪ Time Management ▪ Team Player ▪ Typing ▪ Working under pressure ▪
- Receive correspondence for the department;
- Sort, organize and maintain records of the department accurately;
- Streamline document filing process ensuring their availability at all times;
- Manage document structuring to ensure easy finding and retrieval when required;
- Maintain a record of finalized files for storage;
- Capture data into system;
- Make copies of documents for the agenda;
- Complete requisition for files used in the department;
- Liaise with the document warehouse on collection of documents/ files for offsite storage in accordance with company policy and procedure;
- Retrieve files from archives;
- Assist in handling telephonic enquiries and walk ins;
- Assist in maintaining a proper filing system ensuring that correspondence and documents are accurately diarised and filed.
Additional Information & Application Process:
- Kindly submit a recently updated comprehensive CV;
- Copies of all qualification(s) (inclusive of Matric)
- Copy of ID and driver’s license.
- Suitable candidate(s) will be subjected to personnel suitability checks (criminal record check, citizenship verification, qualification/study verification and previous employment verification).
- Please note that correspondence will only be limited to shortlisted candidates, if you do not receive any response within 30 days from the closing date of the advert, consider your application not successful.
- Ref No: KZN03/2021