The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a state-owned organisation.
GIZ is looking for a detail-oriented Financial Administrator to optimize their financial management procedures. You core task will be to support the Finance & Procurement, Contracts & Logistics Unit in all financial aspects, contributing to financial planning, preparing financial reports, and implementing best practices in financial administration.
To ensure success in this role, you should possess extensive knowledge of accounting principles and experience in a similar role, whose expertise translates into optimized financial processes and compliance with industry regulations.
Qualifications & Experience:
A completed Tertiary diploma or Degree in Financial Accounting and Administration or another relevant field related to the position.
- At least 2 years’ professional experience in a comparable position;
- In-depth understanding of financial accounting;
- Gathering, analyzing, and interpreting relevant financial data;
- Evaluating and optimizing financial controls and procedures;
- Managing and clearing accounts receivable and payable, older than 6 months;
- Keeping records of invoices and payments, as well as reviewing and processing reimbursements;
- Contacting various external service providers and Projects to obtain information and documents;
- Resolving account discrepancies and performing account reconciliations;
- Preparing the final clearing vouchers with necessary supporting documentation & booking stamp;
- Excellent and proven team skills;
- Willingness to work hard and assume tasks related to the administrative support in the programme in case of demand;
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management;
- Fluent in English (read, write and speak) knowledge of German is an added advantage;
- Must be able to work independently, show initiative, communicate effectively and be an outstanding team player.
RESPONSIBILITIES – how you can make a difference …..
- Advanced proficiency in accounting software;
- In-depth knowledge of financial controls and accounting standards;
- Extensive experience in financial reporting;
- Exceptional attention to detail;
- Superb organizational and time management abilities;
- Great collaboration and communication skills;
- Interact with GIZ-Office on all relevant financial issues.
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management
- Attends Administration and finance meetings regularly
- Updates CCPS team on new regulations and administrative changes set in SA office and head office
Additional Requirements & Information:
- This position is based in Pretoria and is a 3 mont fixed contract
- A motivation letter “Why Giz …. and why do you think you will fit into this organisation?
- Kindly provide us with a detailed CV with your accomplishments at each company
- A copy of your valid driver’s license must be included in your application