The African Climate Foundation: Finance Administrator
The African Climate Foundation
The African Climate Foundation is a new strategic grant making foundation focused on addressing climate change issues on the African continent. We are committed to shifting the narrative on development and finding novel solutions to complex African challenges. It is part of an international network of influential strategic grant-making foundations and thought leaders in the field of climate change and development.
The African Climate Foundation seeks to appoint Finance Administrator to be based in Cape Town.
This is a newly created role to support the finance manager with bookkeeping functions and provide administrative and logistics support to the growing ACF team.
Duration: 12 months
- Capture invoices on accounting system and ensure all necessary approvals received.
- Prepare weekly payment runs and load creditors and payments on online business banking.
- Allocate all transactions on accounting system, bank reconciliations and any month end procedures.
- Maintain files – ensure all documentation is in order and meet donor requirements.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual audit and additional donor specific audits.
- Maintain of Fixed Asset Register and Preferred Suppliers List
- Arrange purchase and set up of laptops, software and any relevant IT equipment.
- Manage relationship with external IT Support provider, ensuring quality and timeous support.
- Act as main point of contact for any queries re IT and related issues.
- Make travel, transport, venue and catering arrangements for the ACF team
- Maintain and purchase stationary and sundries (coffee, tea, milk, etc).
- Check that office related expenses and invoices are within budget and contract.
- At least 5 years’ bookkeeping experience ideally combined with providing Office/IT support.
- Advanced computer literacy, especially Excel and Xero or similar accounting packages.
- Attention to detail, excellent organisational skills and the ability to juggle many priorities.
- Teamplayer with strong Interpersonal skills and customer service focus
- Problem-solving skills
- High level of integrity
Please e-mail your CV and a motivational cover letter to email@example.com. If you have not heard from us by the 16th of July, please accept your application as unsuccessful.
For further information go to www.africanclimatefoundation.org