Finance and Administration Manager
- Finance and Administration Manager
- A vacancy exists for a Finance and Administration Manager based at Life St Mary’s, Mthatha, reporting to the Hospital Manager, Sive Jama. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the financial results of the business units in line with accounting standards and within corporate governance protocols in support of Life Healthcare objectives and strategy and the management of the Patient Services department and function at the hospital including Reception and patient admissions.
- Critical Outputs
- Effective people management
- Demonstrate visible leadership in respect of Life values, operating model and strategy.
- Actively sponsor Life initiatives and projects as it relates to hospital.
- Actively participate in hospital MANCO meetings, regional Shaka, RSRT meetings and forums
- Actively lead and manage F&A and HOD feedback meetings and ensure participation from all parties to achieve strategic objectives
- Recruit, retain, motivate and develop staff according to Life people policies and practices.
Accurate financial reporting & analysis
- Review monthly recon files, managing general ledger close of adjustments to zero and manage people and processes to adhere to reporting deadlines
- Prepare variance to budget as compared to prior year analysis, report on hospital performance, identify problem areas and take remedial action with staff and Enabling functions as required
- Participate in hospital strategic planning to identify Capex projects, develop financial model for proposed Capex plan with local management and Enabling functions and assist hospital manager in developing a motivation for Capex projects
- Develop operating budget, ensure final budget presented matches approved parameters, ensure sign off of budget by management and communicate approved budget to all units
- Ensure final working capital budget presented reflects the requirements of the operating budget, ensure sign off by management and communicate approved budget to all units
Effective management of internal controls
- Prepare annual review checklists and manage the internal control environment within the hospital
Effective patient services management
- Ensure all credit management targets are met (i.e. internal and external debtors days etc)
- Manage and minimize risk and achieve LHC targets regarding rejections, bad debts, case management write offs and reimbursement codes
- Oversee pre-admission trends with relevant manager and manage appropriately
- Identify problems and take remedial actions with relevant stakeholders
Effective governance and risk management
- Manage compliance to the executive constraints per corporate governance, report deviations and take action where necessary
Effective quality management and customer relations
- Achieve and improve quality metrics, continuously monitor and measure processes to maintain and approve same and actively lead and promote LHC quality drive
- Manage data integrity and compliance to LHC protocols
- Develop and maintain relationships with various internal and external stakeholders, conduct feedback surveys in order to monitor relationships and service levels, identify trends and implement remedial actions
- CA (SA) or Bachelors degree in Accounting with completed articles
- Relevant financial management experience of at least 3 to 5 years is a distinct advantage
- Relevants experience, preferably commercial management in a corporate services environment
- Ability to learn industry specifics i.e. related healthcare terminology.
- Excellent computer efficiency including advanced knowledge of Excel and SAP.
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Attention to detail
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication skills
- Action orientation
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Lead by example
- Motivating and developing people
- Megan van Deventer
- Closing date
- Friday, February 19, 2021
Internal applicants – Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.