Isibani: Finance Officer
Isibani Development Partners
POSITIONS: Finance Officer
SUPERVISOR: Finance and Ops Manager
CONTRACT DURATIPN: Fixed term contract ending 31 March 2022
Isibani Development Partners is a South African-registered NGO, launched in 2011 to become a leading local technical assistance provider, systems strengthening and grants manager for health and social service in Southern Africa. Isibani has been appointed by the National Department of Health to serve as one of the Sub-Recipients (SRs) for the GLOBAL FUND TB/HIV program in Ekurhuleni and City of Johannesburg. Isibani seeks to appoint a Finance Officer, to be based in Pretoria.
Job Overview: The Finance Officer is responsible for the effective and efficient management, accounting and reporting on the usage of financial resources in accordance with Isibani Development partners policies and procedures. This position will guide and supervise the administrative team of Isibani.
- Ensure that all EFT Payments are uniquely numbered, filed and allocated to budget lines.
- Prepare and update Purchase Orders (PO) Trackers for all service providers in line with the approved budgets.
- Ensure that all monthly expenses are paid on time with adequate supporting documents.
- Prepare monthly cashbooks for all bank accounts including Credit card for review and reconciliation by Finance & Operations Manager.
- Prepare month and year-end schedules and reconciliations for review and approval by Finance and Operations Manager.
- Audit preparations and timely response to audit requests.
- Ensure that all bank accounts have sufficient funds prior to processing payments
- Facilitate inter-bank transfers.
- Prepare monthly VAT Reports based on closed cashbooks.
- Capture VAT201 in the SARS e-filing system for review, approval and submission by the Finance & Operations Manager
- Review of the monthly payroll and reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly PAYE, UIF and Provident Fund Reports based on the finalized and approved payroll
- Capture EMP201 in the SARS e-filing system for review, approval, and submission by the Finance & Operations Manager
- Ensure Compliance with financial management systems in place and with rules and regulations, policies, and procedures
- Ensure that all company vehicles are licensed, repaired and serviced on time.
- Inspect all vehicles and logbooks on a monthly basis and do trip reconciliations
- Maintaining detailed records of vehicle servicing and inspection
- Trace, track and resolve traffic fines for all company vehicles.
- Analyze the fuel consumption and mileage of all vehicles and report any irregular trips to the Finance & Operations Manager
- Work closely with company drivers to managing company vehicles.
- Ensure compliance of the company with government regulations that have to do with the transportation industry
- Ensure that all service providers are paid on time.
- Ensure overall fixed assets and inventory management of the organization
- Ensure that all assets are adequately insured.
- Support the Program team in ensuring smooth operations of the mobile x-ray containers.
- Degree in finance/Accounting / Auditing or related field
- Meticulous and analytic thinking
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Experience with Sage / Pastel will be an added advantage.
- Proficiency in English and at least one African language
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Suitable candidates to send applications at firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line:” Finance Officer FO001”
Closing date: 17 August 2021
Kindly note only shortlisted candidates will be notified