Finance Operations Manager – N/A11277
Applications accepted until:
Number of Openings
Sun City Resort
Responsible for the effective day-to-day management of the business units financial performance, financial controls, fiscal discipline and finance team with specific regard to achieving business profitability and improving financial operational standards.
B.Com Honours (CTA) with Articles
Registration as a Chartered Accountant an advantage
At least 5 years experience in a general financial management environment.
Experience in a hospitality/gaming environment an advantage.
Skills and Knowledge
Core Behavioural Competencies:
· Analysing / Diagnosing performance of the outlet / product performance
· Reviewing – Assessing feasibility; assessing compliance;efficiencies
· Appraising / Developing Others including evaluating for recruitment, performance, coaching and training
· Controlling people and non-people resources
· Influencing & negotiating skills
· Business Acumen
· Building Positive Working Relationships
· Customer Centricity & Stakeholder focus
· Drive for Results
Technical /Proficiency Competencies:
Knowledge of statutory legal and tax requirements
· Strong technical knowledge including IFRS developments
· Strong knowledge of accounting systems
· Team Planning
· Product & Trend Analysis
· Stock control
· Proficiency in MS Office (Advanced Excel)
· Keep abreast of new developments in the financial and tax fields
Key Performance Areas:
Delivered Financial Planning & Results
Understand the Financial strategy and budgets and align Unit objectives and targets accordingly.
· Develop objectives for the Units finance deliverables.
· Facilitate the management and achievement of Financial deliverables.
· Direct financial analyses and benchmark with leading financial trends and practice.
· Identify and investigate new financial opportunities for the property.
· Direct risk analyses i.t.o impact on short term profit margins vs. long term sustainability.
· Compile a risk register for the business unit according to group and unit standards.
· Co-ordinate internal and external financial audits.
· Financial reporting on projects and initiatives.
· Review financial risks (on Risk Register) quarterly and address mitigating and aggravating circumstances.
· Communicate with all relevant stakeholders internally at a Unit and Group level and externally.
· Manage and allocate people and operational resources.
· Align strategies with BBBEE transformational strategies which contribute towards targets being achieved for the property.
Oversee the recording of financial transactions for all financial functions on the property to ensure the financial position of the unit is accurate, up-to-date and
complete including Cashiering, Casino Admin and Accounting functions.
· Investigate unusual variances relative to budget and previous year.
· Conduct an analysis of business results and identify relative trends to ensure realistic forecasts.
· Find solutions to resolve anomalies and follow-up to ensure execution or change in procedure.
· Compile monthly and quarterly forecasts.
· Compile annual Budgets, forecasts & controls.
· Motivate and manage Capex requirements.
· Manage stock control processes.
· Manage Procurement processes and relationships to ensure monitoring and tracking of price movements to minimize input cost fluctuations.
· Approve Purchase Requisitions for the unit based on approval limits.
· Approval of customer refunds, punter pay-outs, expense claims.
· Approval of bad debt write-offs after consultation with SSC.
· Interpret results and commentary on financial results.
· Provide value-adding recommendations to optimise financial performance (product, process and practices).
· Compile and provide board packs, reports in line with Gaming Board and management requirements that assists stakeholders in making relevant decisions.
Lead and motivate financial employees and promote positive working relationships, direction and support.
· Lead and oversee departmental communication ensuring employee and management interaction.
· Measure and develop strategies to enhance employee engagement.
· Identify and manage training, coaching and development requirements in line with strategic plans.
· Ensure competent levels of staff meet operational level requirements.
· Performance Manage and coach reporting managers to ensure KPAs are achieved
· Manage employee relations within the financial function.
Stakeholder Relationship Management
Act as the SME on Financial statutory legislation and tax requirements for the business unit.
· Communicate actively with Business Operations, HR and Finance to review crossdepartmental impacts and reconcile data.
· Communicate with Group Finance and report on revenue and financial position as required.
· Partner with Business Partners and suppliers to deliver efficient procurementstandards.
· Negotiate and reach agreements with service providers and business partners.
· Monitor financial performance of various departments and consult with Functional Managers on results and areas of concern.
· Report and consult with top management on risk areas and remedial action to be taken.
· Present results to top and Group management.
Preference will be given to all race in line with the provisions of the Employment Equity Act, No. 55 of 1998, SISA internal recruitment policy as well as units employment equity plans.