Hollywoodbets has an exciting opportunity available for a Financial Accountant (Junior) to be based in Durban, Umhlanga. The position will be responsible for processing of monthly journals, review of general ledgers, preparation of management accounts and relevant supporting performance measures which will be reviewed by the Senior Financial Accountant. Preparation of reconciliations on a monthly basis for all balance sheet accounts which will be reviewed by the Senior Financial Accountant and Group Financial Manager. Preparation of VAT recons with supporting schedules. Preparation of all schedules requested by the External Auditors and facilitating requests of documents during the audit. Assisting the Senior Financial Accountant in fulfilling his/her duties.
- 1 – 2 years’ experience within a finance role.
- Completed or studying towards a relevant Degree or Diploma in Finance or Accounting.
- Pastel Evolution (or similar software).
- Microsoft Office.
- Review of general ledgers to ensure cashbook and creditors capturing are correctly allocated and VAT correctly accounted for.
- Capturing and posting of monthly journals.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Preparation of performance measures relevant to the management accounts.
- Ensure the management accounts are prepared timeously to ensure there is adequate time for review by the Senior Financial Accountant.
- Preparation of annual financial statements.
- Preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations by deadline communicated by the Senior Financial Accountant.
- Ensure routine transactions (expenses, asset purchases, cash book entries, sales etc.) are processed timeously by subordinates.
- Processing of non-routine transaction (depreciation, impairments, provisions, finance costs/income, discounting, lease straight-ling, management fees, administration fees etc.) and complex transactions
- Ensure correct capitalization of assets vs expensing repairs/maintenance or expensing items that will be consumed within one month.
- Ensure the cashbook clerks, creditors and debtors meet their deadlines which will allow sufficient time for review of all general ledgers before the preparation of management accounts.
- Review VAT general ledger account, prepare Output and Input Reasonableness schedules and VAT Reconciliation which will be reviewed by the Senior Financial Accountant for the period which it’s due.
- Review and approve all loan, creditors, facility, instalment sales reconciliations to external statements
- Process accruals (test estimation accuracy by reference to trends and comparison of actual results to previous estimates).
- Preparation of the calculation of short-term portions and ensure reliable data sheets are maintained to enable this monthly.
- Assist the Senior Financial Accountant in the preparation of Budgets.
- Assist the Senior Financial Accountant with the quarterly mini audit.
- Prepare all schedules required by the External Auditors, Internal Auditors and BEE Auditors.
- Facilitate requests by External Auditors, Internal Auditors and BEE Auditors for documents required for substantive testing.
- Assist Senior Financial Accountant on ad hoc tasks which will enable him/her to fulfill their duties.
Skills and competencies:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Impressive planning, organisational and time management skills.
- Focused driven strong attention to detail.
- Follows through and delivers results in spite of obstacles.
- Good business acumen and reporting skills.
Please note that only applicants who meet the stipulated minimum requirements will be considered.
Please not that should you not be contacted within 30 days, kindly consider your application to be unsuccessful.