To Manage and report on the consolidated accounts for the unit
- BCom, articles preferred.
- At least 3 5 years relevant financial management experience, consolidation experience an advantage.
- Current knowledge of accounting statements and relevant regulations.
- Experience working with Accounting packages, preferably IFS/ Accpac.
- Experience in a hospitality/gaming environment an advantage.
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills,
- Reliability and adaptability
- Strong planning and organising and leadership skills.
- Able to work and think independently.
- Self starter, results driven.
- Attention to detail, analytical.
- Internal stakeholder focus, cost management and consciousness.
- Honesty and Integrity.
Key Performance Areas:
- Assist in the preparation of accurate and timely monthly income statements and balance sheets for the unit.
- Monitor and review balance sheet control accounts to ensure compliance with internal control procedures.
- Assist with the preparation and ensure that all balance sheet accounts are reconciled monthly and outstanding items cleared timeously
- Assist operating management with the preparation of draft feasibilities and other studies or plans when required.
- Highlight and interpret statistics, variances and profit margins for HODs, where applicable recommend appropriate action to correct negative variances or improve performance.
- Assist in the maintenance of all internal financial controls and compliance there with.
- Assist in preparation of monthly business review presentations for finance management.
- Prepare the quarterly financial forecast in conjunction with operating management.
- Prepare SARS VAT and PAYE returns and reconciliations within required deadlines.
- Ensure that all items of a capital nature are approved and capitalised, in accordance with Company Procedures.
- Ensure fixed asset register is maintained in accordance with recognised accounting standards.
- Involvement in the preparation of draft annual operating, Capital expenditure and budgets with operating management.
- Assist in preparation of the quarterly management accounts and head office reporting requirements.
- Ensure all concessionaire contracts, billing and status schedule completed accurately and within monthly deadline dates
- Ensure compliance with the relevant provisions of Tax and other relevant legislation.
- As and when requested, conduct in depth audits into identified and/or possible areas of risk.
- Ensure that the Financial Departments service delivery is line with the agreed SLA and takes corrective action where necessary.
- Manage key performance areas of all cash book, revenue control, debtors and creditors activities.
- Supervise and evaluate the performance of all debtors.
- Ensure all Month End deadlines are met.
Preference will be given to employees from the designated groups in line with the provisions of the Employment Equity Act, No. 55 of 1998, SISA internal recruitment policy as well as units employment equity plans.