Free State Oil (Pty) Ltd is a subsidiary of VKB Agriculture (Pty) Ltd, a dynamic role player in the edible oil industry, situated in Villiers in the Eastern Free State. We offer you the opportunity to establish yourself within a professional, corporate environment in the countryside.
- Grade 12 or NQF Level Equivalent.
- N3 Mechanical engineering.
- Mechanical Fitter or Fitter & Turner Trade Certificate.
- At least 3 years’ proven experience within the FMCG environment.
- Working knowledge of pneumatics, pumps, conveyors, shafts, sprockets, bearings, and gearboxes.
- Valid driver’s license.
- A willingness to work overtime, shifts and weekends when required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reduce breakdowns and downtime period in the plant to limit unnecessary costs.
- Install, maintain, and repair all mechanical equipment and systems at the plant.
- Report machine failure and breakdowns to management, record it on daily log sheet.
- Ensure job cards are filled in correctly and signed off by production and maintenance.
- Cut, thread, bend and install hydraulic and pneumatic pipes and lines.
- Dismantle faulty equipment and assemblies and repair or replace defective parts.
- Continuously improve on all equipment and installation measures.
- Continuously do fault-finding and problem- solving on mechanical equipment.
- Visual inspection of parts.
- Test Operation of machine daily.
- Fix issues that might occur during the shift.
- Comply with all occupational health and safety requirement.
- Complete all compulsory training interventions.
- Mentor employees to follow standard practices and processes to ensure quality services.
- Performs other duties as may be required by line managers.
- Basis awareness training in Manual Handling, Working at Heights and confined Spaces.
- Understanding of production procedures.
- Knowledge of health and safety procedures (PPE).
- Ability to read manual, blueprint and schematics.
- Good communication skills.
- Accuracy and attention to details.
- Team player.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Please note You will be vetted and your MIE checked if you apply
- The company can expire jobs at any time at their own discretion.
- VKB Group and/or its subsidiary companies will use any personal data collected through the job opportunities section of this website for recruitment purposes only and, should your application be successful, for purposes connected with your employment.
- VKB Group is an equal opportunity employer. VKB Group’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process aligned to VKB Group’s Employment Equity & Transformation Strategy. VKB Group actively supports the recruitment of People with Disabilities.
- Things to take note of when applying through our Career Portal.
- Use Google Chrome when accessing the portal
- Clear copy of your CV in either PDF or Word
- The CV should not have handwriting on the document
- NB! Only Submit your CV on the Upload CV section of the application form and not a PDF that includes other documents such as ID, Driver’s License and other documents. The application form will make provision for the candidate to upload supporting documents.
- When uploading profile picture, make sure the minimum size uploaded is 300 x 300px