Racing Distribution has an exciting opportunity for a Fleet Assistant to be based in Umhlanga, Durban. The position will be to ensure that there is compliance with all policies and procedures and strict adherence to internal controls. Ensure daily, weekly and monthly reporting is submitted accurately and timeously and contains appropriate content to enable effective decision making. Ensure maintenance and upkeep of the company’s vehicle tracking and fleet management system by using the most cost-efficient maintenance processes. Complete all ad-hoc tasks as requested by Management from time to time. Provide a support role to the Fleet Supervisor.
- Understanding of motor vehicles.
- Geographical knowledge.
- Valid driver’s licence.
- Prior fleet experience.
- Relevant Certificate/Diploma.
Financial metrics (including responsibilities):
- Daily/weekly & monthly tracking & speeding reports sent to respective departments for approval.
- Strictly monitor afterhours and weekend usage and report it.
- Creating of driver ID tags and the management of fleet procedures.
- Booking and coordinating national fitments/removals & replacements in new vehicles.
- Booking and coordinating nationally of tracking unit repairs and maintenance.
- Keep track nationally of service tags.
- Ensure the tracking systems are updated with all current information i.e. contact numbers, drivers etc.
- Ensure everything tracking system related is relevant and up to date.
- Ensure most efficient maintenance and planning solutions to minimize the company’s internal cost and company downtime.
- Ensure that all vehicles are in a roadworthy condition.
- Negotiation of favorable supplier terms and pricing – (payment, rebates, settlement discount, volume discounts).
- Assist the Fleet Supervisor with quotations for panel beating, repairs, services, parts etc.
- Ensure that insurance assessment, panel beater assessments, mechanic assessments are fair to the company.
- Do not accept faulty/poor workmanship from suppliers.
- Licensing of motor vehicles must be up to date. Arrange for registering & licensing for all new vehicles.
- Arrange services of motor vehicles and ensure all repairs are carried out correctly.
- Be on standby should there be problems with a vehicle after hours.
- Ensure the Fleet Manager is informed of all activities relating to the fleet.
- Ensure correct accident procedure is followed as per management instruction and all documentation is filed correctly for future reference.
- Arrange for a tag system and test all new team members who are authorized to drive a company vehicle.
- Conduct driving tests.
- Ensuring that the vehicles are clean at all times, and that there is no damage to the wrapping or vehicle.
- Diligently complete vehicle check reports during routine vehicle inspections.
- Actively update the accident report.
- Follow up with RM’s and Fleet Supervisors and keep track of vehicle inspections nationally and ensure the Fleet Manager is kept updated.
- Capturing of supplier invoices on the fleet management system.
- Performance must be tracked by yourself and the onus is place on you to set-up performance review meetings with the Fleet Manager.
Compliance, risk and quality:
- Maintenance of “Report bad driving” hotline and implementation of necessary corrective action.
- 100% compliance with company policies and procedures.
- 100% compliance with health and safety regulations.
- Compliance with relevant laws and regulations relating to fleet.
- Ensure logical saving of all work, templates, etc. monthly and yearly such that each year’s financial records can stand on its own when enquiries/ investigations/audits take place.
- Produce high quality, neat, logical, succinct, easy to follow, easy to understand, formula linked work/templates/workbooks/financial models – of which is substantiated by facts with no numbers in the formulas.
- Ensure the above (final version) and other documents are chronologically saved/backed up.
- Retain and file a routine check reports and roadworthiness test reports and proof of regular servicing.
Growth and new markets/products:
- Assist with projects as directed from time to time.
- Ensure measures are put in place and steps are taken to achieve the short term, medium term and long-term goals of the company.
Skills and competency:
- Computer literate.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to adapt and learn new skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Impressive planning and organisational skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrate initiative.
- Good presentation and reporting skills.
Please be advised that only applicants who meet the stipulated minimum requirements will be considered.
Please be advised that should you not be contacted within 30 days, kindly consider your application to be unsuccessful.