Hollywoodbets have exciting opportunities available for a Food & Beverage Canteen Manager to be based at Umhlanga, Durban. The incumbent will take accountability for, manage and report on the F&B Canteen function to ensure smooth running and management of operations. This includes health and safety management, facility management, kitchen management, stock management, resource planning, customer service levels, financial profitability and cost control, adherence to departmental processes and reporting and company policies. The successful incumbent must ensure that the F&B experience attracts and retains customers daily.
- Valid driver’s license.
- F&B Qualification.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety regulations regarding food preparation and serving, building maintenance in kitchen and service areas.
- Ensure internal F&B processes are followed.
- Ensure the GAAP system is always up and running.
- Ensure the F&B facility is always well maintained, clean, tidy work and service areas. This includes the entire kitchen area, freezer/fridges/storerooms/service areas/dining areas/bar area. Ensure the cutlery and crockery is clean and in good condition for use by customers.
- Ensure cash up processes are followed to accurately account for/disclose and report on sales.
- Monitor food preparation, portion sizes and presentation of food to ensure that food is prepared and presented in an acceptable manner and according to quality standards.
- Coordinate kitchen and service resources to ensure economical use of food, timely preparation and optimal service delivery.
- F&B canteen cost and budget management to ensure maximum profitability. Financial management of F&B targets for the canteen, cash and stock control.
- Manage the stock control function related to F&B in terms of scheduling and receiving food and beverage deliveries. Ensure stock is maintained at a good standard- declare F&B stock wastages and breakages to dispense of expired stock. Ensure F&B stock is neatly packaged to preserve the stock and keep it in a neat and tidy condition, stored in appropriate locations.
- Maintain accurate record of stock (food and equipment/ inventories/crockery/ cutlery) utilizing the relevant software system (GAAP). Account for variances and shortages as well as corrective action and intervention. Ensure stock control, stock reconciliation, stock recording and stock reporting is accurate and well managed. This includes front and back office stock.
- Schedule resources and assign duties considering busy periods, events, operating hours to ensure that the F&B department is sufficiently staffed and able to meet operational requirements.
- Manage all Food and Beverage staff at the canteen. This includes Stock Controller, Store men, F&B Supervisors, and management of the waitrons/cashiers as well as kitchen staff which includes chefs/grillers/kitchen coordinators/scullers etc. Ensure F&B staff conduct is acceptable and follow relevant disciplinary actions to address concerns.
- Establish standards for optimal staff performance and conduct performance reviews. Ensure poor performance management takes place with staff that underperform.
- Ensure superior customer service and customer experience. Pro-actively address customer complaints and ensure customer feedback is positive. Build strong relationships with regular customers/punters.
- Ensure timeous submission of daily, weekly, monthly F&B reports.
- Work closely with Betting Branch Manager to enquire about customer experience and areas of improvement to ensure that F&B experience attracts and retains customers/punters.
- Ability to effectively manage a team to achieve organisational goals.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ensure impressive planning, organizational, leading and controlling skills.
- Demonstrates a high level of integrity, punctuality, trustworthiness and reliability.
- Ability to take initiative, whilst adhering to company policies and procedures.
- Portray strong attention to detail, whilst maintaining efficiency.