Hollywoodbets has an exciting opportunity available for a Food & Beverage Team Leader to be based at our Bunny Bar branch, Springfield. The incumbent will partner with Branch Managers to enquire about Customer experience and areas of improvement to ensure that F&B experience attracts, retains Customer and provides the best dining experience possible for Customers. This includes assisting with health and safety management, facility management, kitchen management, stock management, resource management, Customer, adherence to departmental and company policies, procedures and reporting.
- Experience within a Food and Beverage environment.
- Computer literate (MS Word and MS Excel).
- Understanding of food controls.
- Experience in supervising a team.
- Diploma/ Degree in Hospitality/Food and Beverage.
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience in a supervisory role within the Hospitality/Food and Beverage industry.
- A relevant qualification in Food and Beverage (Or a related field).
- A valid Driver’s License.
- Ensuring internal Food and Beverage processes are followed.
- Ensuring that the Food and Beverage department is adequately staffed for the shift.
- Responsible for managing the Food and Beverage staff during the shift.
- Ensuring internal Food and Beverage stock management processes are followed.
- Responsible for requesting front of house stock (Kitchen stock, bar stock, etc.) Manage and account for Food and Beverage inventory such as cutlery and crockery.
- Ensuring accurate front of house stock reconciliations after each shift in order account for all front of house stock.
- Ensuring that the GAAP/POS system is always up and running during operational hours.
- Managing Food and Beverage resources during the shift.
- Observing and evaluating staff and work procedures to ensure quality standards service.
- Submitting stock requisitions to the Storeman to request front of house stock.
- Conducting a stock count after the shift and completing a stock reconciliation in order to report on and account for variances.
- Ensuring that all wastages and breakages during shift are disclosed and accounted for.
- Ensuring staff meal purchases are being recorded and checking up on issuing to verify the content and quantity.
- Ensuring cash management processes are followed.
- Ensuring shortages are addressed and recovered.
- Rostering of staff taking into account busy periods, events, operating hours to ensure that the Food and Beverage shift is sufficiently staffed and able to meet operational requirements.
- Management of staff in terms of conduct, discipline and performance. Complete disciplinary actions/poor performance process when required.
- Ensuring superior Customer service and Customer experience.
- Ensuring timeous submission of daily, weekly, monthly Food and Beverage reports.
- Conduct a meeting before the shift starts to direct the team and provide them with daily briefing.
- Time management of Waitrons/Bartenders.
- Working closely with Food and Beverage Branch Manager to enquire about customer experience and areas of improvement to ensure that Food and Beverage experience attracts and retains Customer/punters.
- Any other ad hoc duties that might be required.
- Ensure time management system is updated per team member daily.
- Make yourself available to assist at other branches, when required.
- Ensure order numbers for any purchase is requested daily.
Skills and competencies:
- Ability to effectively manage a team to achieve organizational goals.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ensure impressive planning, organizational, leading and controlling skills.
- Demonstrates a high level of integrity, punctuality, trustworthiness and reliability.
- Ability to take initiative, whilst adhering to company policies and procedures.
- Portray strong attention to detail, whilst maintaining efficiency.