A construction company based in Gauteng is actively sourcing for a Foreman to join their team for a 12 months contract.
Purpose of the Role
To coordinate operations and oversee employees for a completion of a project at a construction site
- Supervising and leading the team.
- Ensuring the safety of the team members.
- Communicating the job to and with the team.
- Assigning team tasks.
- Maintaining work standards and outlining behavioural expectations to ensure team morale and productivity.
- Ensuring team compliance with company policies and procedures.
Planning and Scheduling
- Translating general work requirements into a prioritised work plan for the team.
- Periodically review daily goals to meet the forecasted production.
- Work with the team to overcome work related challenges.
- Recognising, addressing and resolving issues/problems among or between employees in the team.
- Promoting, supporting and facilitating teamwork and harmony between all team members by fostering a positive attitude among all team members.
- Maintain Site Foreman’s reports.
- Reporting on work progress.
- Preparing daily production records.
- Keep disciplinary reports.
- Daily time and attendance reports.
- Recommending workforce actions such as recruitment, releasing, promotions and discipline.
- Knowing and understanding the requirements of the OSHA.
- Facilitating mandatory safety toolbox meetings.
- Ensuring completion of initial safety and hazard assessments.
- Participating in Safety/incident investigations.
- Ensuring that company vehicles and equipment checks are carried out.
Minimum experience & qualifications required
- 3 to 5 years’ experience working in a mining/construction environment
- Grade 12
- Diploma in a skilled trade is advantageous
Behavioural skills required
- Excellent organisational and Leadership skills. Problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent writing and reporting skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good planning and organising skills.
- Knows and understands the OHSA and Safety and environmental issues.
- Knows and understands the company projects safety projects. WSIB and insurance provisions.