PSP: Foundation Phase (FP) Mathematics Part-time Contract Facilitator (Afrikaans/English LoLT)
Primary Science Programme (PSP)
The Western Cape Primary Science Programme (PSP) is a well-established, award-winning nonprofit organisation that improves the quality of teaching and learning in disadvantaged primary schools through training and supporting teachers in Natural Sciences, Mathematics, and Language, Social Sciences and Environmental education. It has been operating since 1984.The Western Cape Primary Science Programme (PSP) is a teacher in-service training and support organisation that has been working for more than 30 years to address the inequalities in education in South Africa.
The PSP seeks to appoint a Foundation Phase (FP) Mathematics Facilitator (Afrikaans/English LoLT), based in Cape Town.
Employment Type: Part-time (5 Months)
Commencement of duties: ASAP
- To be appointed on a 5 months part time contract basis, starting immediately;
- Attend courses and workshops with teachers, Head of Departments or Principals;
- Provide practical support and guidance to teachers in their classrooms:
- Facilitate demonstration-lessons, co-teach, or observe lessons and give feedback;
- Elucidate learning activities;
- Assist teachers by modelling;
- Give ideas on lesson planning, classroom management, etc.;
- Develop teachers’ knowledge of, and facilitate the management and use of apparatus and materials in schools and classrooms or any other teacher development task.
- Ability to teach in Afrikaans & English LoLT;
- Must have recently worked in schools;
- Classroom experience in the Foundation Phase (FP) with a deep commitment to developing and supporting teachers practically in the critical subject;
- Ability to work independently;
- Possess relevant education qualification;
- Knowledge in the field of Mathematics education in the Foundation Phase (FP);
- Knowledge of current curriculum developments;
- Knowledge of report writing;
- Computer literate, and adept in Word & Excel; experience with cloud based platforms an advantage;
- Must have own reliable transport
- Passion for the teaching profession;
The PSP provides a collegial, supportive and pleasant work environment. You need to be self-directed and have good organisational skills.
Applications outlining qualifications and demonstrating how your experience and skills match the job requirements can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please respond to this advert with a letter of motivation, detailed CV and three contactable references. Should you not receive correspondence within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Please only apply if you have the capabilities and/or experience performing the tasks listed above.
Enquiries regarding this position: Dr Zorina Dharsey or Novosti Buta at 021 691 9039
The PSP reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application – NGO Pulse Portal
For more about Primary Science Programme, refer to www.psp.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies