Grain Field Chickens, a subsidiary of VKB Agriculture (PTY) Ltd, is a dynamic role player in the integrated broiler industry with an abattoir in Reitz in the North Eastern Free State. We offer you the opportunity to establish yourself within a professional, corporate environment in the countryside.
Undertakes activities associated with maintaining the cleanliness of the workshops and general site, sweeping, gathering and loading litter and general waste in accordance with laid down instructions supporting acceptable standards of service delivery.
- Grade 12 or NQF Level 4 Equivalent.
- At least 1 year experience in a Workshop.
- A willingness to work overtime and weekends
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist an artisan by doing manual and physical tasks which may include carrying tools, cleaning parts, cleaning the work area, packing away tools and helping where needed.
- Sweeping walkways and paved areas using a broom, gathering, picking and transferring litter into refuse collection bags.
- Picking up litter and/ or items lying in open spaces.
- Removing and replacing refuse bags from collection bins in the Workshops and outside areas.
- Carrying refuse bags to designated areas for collection.
- In order to ensure laid down instructions are complied with and/ or specific deadlines and productivity standards accomplished.
- Removing and washing off debris from tools and/ or vehicles using pressurized cleaning systems (handheld hoses).
- Placing and stacking tools in designated storage area and/ or
- Verbally reporting the condition/ status of tools to the immediate superior.
- Ensure all work is carried according to SHEQ and company standards
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and tidy condition.
- Operate equipment and carry out all duties in a safe manner.
- Maintain equipment, protective clothing and work areas in a clean, tidy and safe condition.
- Any other duties as may be required by management.
- Knowledge of health and safety procedures (PPE).
- Good communication skills.
- Accuracy and attention to details.
- Team player.
- Able to work under pressure.
The company can expire jobs at any time at our own discretion. Should you not have received a response within 4 weeks of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application as unsuccessful.