GIS Technician Intern (12 months contract)
14 July 2021
Table Mountain National Park
Applicants are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the above position. The position is for a GIS Technician Intern that will be stationed in the Cape Town Office.
Please address your application letter, accompanied by a CV and copy of your highest school or tertiary qualification, along with a certified ID copy via email to: Sandiso.email@example.com.
Applications that have not been responded to within 14 days should be regarded as unsuccessful.
SANParks is an Equal Opportunity Employer and reserves the right not to make an appointment.
- Bachelors honours degree in Environmental Science, Ecology or Biological Sciences with some GIS software experience.
- Technical support (data management and analysis) for donor-funded projects
- Maps and statistics in support of the GEF project
- Assist the conservation planner with managing and curating the spatial data for the GEF
- Provide mapping and conservation planning in support of various projects, including technical support for the establishment of the Grasslands NP
- Support the GIS data curation, planning and prioritisation processes for the new Grassland NP.