The Faircape Group, a dynamic and leading property and healthcare company that has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and passionate Graphic Designer to join our Marketing Team based in Claremont, Cape Town.
The successful applicant will be exposed to a wide variety of business units across a diverse and growing company. We are looking for a design machine. Someone who can offer ideas that are innovative, turn out high quality work on a tight deadline, and communicate effectively with suppliers and other members of the Faircape Group alike.
We need an individual who is not afraid of a challenge, is a quick learner and does not require micro-management.
We’re looking for someone who is organised and smart with integrated experience who will be able to conceptualise campaigns and creative ideas for a variety of different service offerings – working closely with our Copywriter and Brand Manager.
The successful applicant must have strong communication skills and the ability to handle a reasonable amount of admin around their own tasks and projects.
Communication channels need to be integrated and messaging consistent across all platforms. There is a strong focus on in-bound marketing and converting leads achieved through digital media.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for creative concept, design and roll out of marketing collateral across the group
- Maintain design brand consistency according to the brand guidelines across all deliverables for the Faircape Group
- Creating design assets to be used on various brand websites and social media platforms under the Faircape Group.
- Provide creative concepts and outputs for monthly content plans and strategies.
- Work closely with our Brand Manager to ensure that the creative output is aligned with the business objectives.
- Drive innovation in approach to delivery and output.
- Understand the role of sales driven and lead driven creative executions.
- Keep up to date on design and advertising trends across the different business/service offerings – striving to stand out rather than follow competitor behaviour.
- Share inspiring work and lead creativity within the Marketing team.
- Communicate effectively across the various parts of the group, accepting feedback and changes as part of the ask
- Effectively make use of the digital filing system and adhere to existing guidelines
- Communicate with various suppliers to acquire quotes and sign off soft proofs
- Source images from Shutterstock and Envato Elements
- Work as part of a close-knit marketing team who support each other to serve the greater good of the company
- Relevant tertiary qualification from a recognised institution
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE:
- At least 2 years experience as a professional graphic designer – previous experience in an advertising, design agency or corporate environment is preferable.
- Design and DTP print collateral for in-house printing.
- Ability to take a concept/brief from design through to print.
- Strong proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator).
- Basic understanding of User Interface Design.
- Experience with WordPress and utilizing website builders such as Divi Builder and Elementor is essential.
- Experience with a CRM platform (such as ZOHO, Mailchimp, Hubspot) is preferable but not essential.
- Basic understanding of the Google Suite (Google Docs, Google Slides, Google Sheets).
- Experience with After Effects/Premiere Pro is a plus, but not essential.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Team player
- Strong communication skills.
- Incorporate feedback and take/give direction well.
- The ability to roll with the changes, keep smiling, stay positive and adapt when projects change.
- Deadline driven and able to work in a fast-paced environment. The incumbent will need to have the ability to take work from concept to final execution within deadlines
- A strong portfolio of previous work
- Attention to detail
- Clear understanding of Social Media – particularly Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Competitive salary
- Access to the full Adobe Creative Suite. Play, explore and create with any Adobe program!
- Wear a different hat every day! The Faircape Group encompasses many different brands, each with different target markets and thus each requiring a tailored approach to the communication strategy
We are offering a salary from R 23,000.00 Cost to Company per month.
Should you not receive a response within 2 weeks of applying, please consider your application unsuccessful.