Title: Group Transport and Logistics Manager
This function is responsible for managing the Group fleet by minimizing the risks associated with vehicle investment, improving efficiency and vehicle productivity. The aim of the role is to ensure that cost optimisation is managed by measuring specific elements related but not limited to: Overall transportation and running cost including staff costs, maintenance impact and down time of vehicles. The responsibility includes the compliance with prevailing legislation within the fleet and logistics environment.
Direct reports and subordinates:
- Group Fleet Analyst
- Green Fleet Manager
- CSA team / unit
- Autobody (repair shop) and team of staff
- Regional Transport Managers via dotted line reporting
Key areas of responsibility:
- Develop strategies for greater fuel efficiency including prevention of fuel theft.
- Regular review of costs against budget to optimise OI for the group
- Collaborate with Secure Drive on strategies to maximise Group OI.
- Implement an all-encompassing feet management solution platform for the Group.
- Develop and implement strategy to reduce the amount of MVAs.
- Ensure relevant and frequent training across the Group to build the correct culture amongst drivers.
- Utilise data to increase business operational efficiency.
- Manage strategic group relationships, SLAs and negotiate contract terms (incl. pricing).
- Providing Business Executives of respective business units and the Board with relevant reports.
- Liaison with relevant role players to ensure the fleet is fit for purpose in terms of operational application.
- Manage vehicle lifecycle i.e. implement rules for and ensure fleet replacements according to documented standards based on costing information, utilization, and asset age.
- Oversee testing vehicles for specific purpose and inclusion in Group fleet.
- Establish and document vehicle performance standards for all vehicle types and purpose across the Group.
- Preform monthly fleet reviews with respective regional/fleet managers.
- Manage vehicle auctions.
- Ensure appropriate asset disposals and relevant reporting.
- Though Regional/Branch Fleet managers, ensure that vehicle servicing and inspection maintaining are in place detailed records of.
- Ensure compliance to group Policies through regular and rigorous fleet audits of regions/Branches.
- Document and upkeep company’s polices relating to Fleet.
- Ensuring Registering and licensing all vehicles under Fidelity management.
- Complying with SA Department of Transport laws and regulations.
- Regular review of company vehicle policy in line with SA laws and regulations.
- Driver compliance: ensure adherence across the group on Fidelity licence and PDP.
- Drive EHS culture of zero tolerance across the Group.
Maintenance and repairs:
- In collaboration with Procurement manage supply chain and spend allocation to preferred suppliers across all regions/branches.
- Ensure high quality of vehicle presentation.
- Ensure that all vehicles are appropriately equipped and used for designated purpose.
- Ensure that vehicles’ branding reflects the correct business unit/cost centre they are allocated to.
- Ensure sufficient supply chain that will prevent bottle necks in service delivery to the Group.
Fidelity Auto Shop:
- Oversee the management of the Fidelity Auto Shop ensuring a positive OI balance.
- Develop and ensure delivery on KPIs.
- Monitor and ensure a high level of customer service, efficiencies and expansion of services to Group.
- Degree in Logistics or Accounting.
- 5+ years in a senior logistics role.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Analytical mindset and good problem-solving skills.
- Ability to devise and deliver on strategic goals.
- Quantitative ability.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
We reserve the right not to make an appointment to any advertised position. Whilst preference is given to existing employees at all times and the choice made is purely on merit, Historically Disadvantaged Candidates and Black Female Candidates are encouraged and supported in the FSG team. Whilst black female candidates will be given priority as per our transformation policy subject to the above criteria.
Fidelity Services Group (Pty) Ltd supports global fair practice and business ethics on continuous development of our human capital as the key resource to our success in the markets in which we participate.
Should you not be contacted regarding this position within 10 working days from the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.