Handyman: Building (Limpopo) (5783)
POSITION: Handyman (Building) LIMPOPO
Reporting line: Supervisor Building
Scale Code: 408
Position ID: 60020588
CLOSING DATE: 25 APRIL 2021
To provide General/Handyman services throughout the buildings.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attend to general building & office repairs(Plumbing, paving, painting, brick work, laying of tiles and carpets, replace broken glass panes, inspecting the roof)
- Responsible for Alterations of offices(Removal of partitions, installation of partitions and hanging of doors, replacement of ceiling tiles)
- Inspect building & offices, report major defects to management(Walk around a 5 storey building and another 2 storey building, doing inspections)
- Responsible for furniture removals and relocation within the building(Dismantle desks, carry desks and other furniture between offices and the workshop)
- Perform minor repairs to office furniture(Carry broken furniture to the workshop, repair broken furniture)
- Housekeeping(Stacking, collecting and disposal of rubble, tidying up of the workplace)
- Setting up halls and meeting venues(Arranging chairs, tables and other equipment required in meeting venues)
- Collecting and carrying banners and promotional material(Banners moved between offices and store rooms/vehicles)
- Receiving of goods delivered in stores(Collect heavy items from reception to stores)
- Assist the Electrician(Carry light bulbs and ladders, assist in changing lights in hard to reach places)
- Assist in the physical asset verification when necessary.
- Assist in the labeling/marking of the Corporation’s assets.
- Assist with regard to opening of drains and cleaning of gutters.
- Ability to see that standard safe practises and procedures in the work place are adhered to.
- See that standard safe practises and procedures in the work place are adhered to.
- Ability to ensure housekeeping, maintaining a good standard of neatness within designated area.
- Grade 12 (NQF level 4)
- Experience in general maintenance
- Certificate in plumbing/bricklaying/carpentry
- Knowledge of fire protection reticulation equipment.
- Must be a team player.
- Understand of require tool of trade
- Be paired to work in various environments with different disciplines.
- Must be prepared to work overtime or odd shifts when required.
- Ability to “think on your feet”
- Ability to handle pressure
- Ability to interact and communicate at all levels