Location: EC, South Africa
Company: Distell Limited
Applications are invited for the above-mentioned position in the Engineering Department, based at Port Elizabeth Production. The successful incumbent will report to the Maintenance Foreman.
Key Performance Areas would include, but are not limited to:
• The stripping, assembling and repair of parts or components.
• Starting, stopping and operating air compressors.
• Lubrication of machines and equipment.
• Performing ad hoc duties as and/or when requested by Foreman.
• Performing related administration (e.g. inspection sheets, job cards, etc.)
• Adhering to safety procedures and general housekeeping standards.
• Actively participate in all Mini Business activities.
The successful candidate must have the following qualification, skills and experience:
• Grade 12 (Matric)
• 1 year in FMCG production environment
• Experience in Engineering Workshop/Maintenance environment and a relevant NQF3 Qualification will be advantageous
• Experience in the safe and effective use of workshop equipment (e.g. drill press, drilling machine, angle grinder, electrical cut-off machine, bench grinder, etc.).
• Relevant working experience in lubrication is essential, preferably in a production environment
• Basic administrative abilities in order to complete relevant forms.
• Working knowledge of safety procedures and housekeeping standards.
• Ability to cope with the inherent physical demands of the position
• Ability to work independently and under pressure;
• Be customer focused;
• Must be willing and able to work extended hours as and/or when required;
• Must have reliable transport to and from work.
If interested and meet all requirements, please register and apply via the Distell career portal by logging onto www.distell.co.za/careers
Reference number: 18685 Closing Date: 15 October 2021