key performance Indicators:
· Ensuring the organizational activities comply with local health and safety regulations and the best practices in the industry
· Working in close relation with the management and set safety standards in workplaces
· Carrying out risk assessments and identifying hazards
· Carrying out safety inspections and internal audits and reporting to the management for corrective actions
· Ensuring preventive measures, hazard control and personal protective equipment are implemented and used
· Assisting in establishment of health and safety policies
· Developing occupational health and safety systems, policies, procedures, manuals and arrange for exercises and training.
· Advising management to improve all safety aspects of the workplace
· Recordkeeping of all safety related events
· Investigating and report accidents and near misses
· Implementation of Major Accident Prevention (MAP).
· Implementation of Visible Felt Leadership.
1. Assist with risk identification, evaluation and development of safe work procedures
2. Conduct or have conducted a hazard analysis and take the necessary corrective action
3. Ensure all accidents are properly recorded, reported and investigated
4. Ensure Safety Meetings are held regularly and the results recorded
5. Ensure Health and Safety Representatives conduct monthly inspections and submit the required reports
6. Ensure the contractors comply with the health and safety specifications
7. Issue non-conformances and keep record of the same where required
8. Assist with establishment of the fall protection plan.
9. Where it is not possible to remove any remaining hazard/s you are to inform employees thereof and what precautionary action is to be taken.
10. Ensure appropriate restoration of areas affected by construction.
11. Detail mitigating measures required to be taken, and the procedures for their implementation to the Project Manager
12. Establish the reporting system to be undertaken during construction and ensure effective reporting to management on the deviations identified and required action to be taken.
13. Ensure EMP compliance.
14. Ensure monthly Safety, Health and Environmental reports are submitted to the Project Manager.
15. Ensure the implementation with the Company System Procedures for Health and Safety
16. Ensure statistics are maintained on site regarding accidents, injuries, man-hours, lost time and risk assessments
17. Ensure training needs are identified and implemented.
18. Assist with Induction training.
19. Ensure that all inspection registers are kept up to date & conduct monthly inspections Management (SHE) Activities
20. Confirm necessary documentation was submitted to the relevant authorities
21. Attend project planning meetings
22. Assist with the assessments and approval of subcontractor(s) health and safety plans
23. Attend the site handover
24. Attend regular site, technical and progress meetings
25. Facilitate health and safety site meetings
26. Participate in the identification of the hazards and risks relevant to the construction project through regular coordinated site inspections
27. Establish and maintain health and safety communication structures and systems, distribution of health and safety specific documents to sub-contractors
28. Compiling project specific emergency response and preparedness plans
29. Testing the effectiveness of the emergency response plans
30. Conduct site safety inductions
31. Monitor, measure and report on health and safety system performance by performing monthly health and safety audits
32. Evaluate the levels of compliance of subcontractors to the project specific health and safety plan and client specifications
33. Oversee the reporting and investigation of project related incidents
34. Manage reporting of non-compliance issues and take appropriate corrective and preventative action
35. Oversee the maintenance of all records
36. Co-ordinate the system for conducting internal audits.
37. Participation in management reviews of the health and safety systems
38. Incorporation of changes into a health and safety management system
39. Review and update the health and safety plan
40. Liaise and conduct Environmental Audits with the Environmental Officer and Environmental Control Officer, to ensure compliance with the EMP.
41. Compile Baseline Risk Assessment
42. At the close out of the project:
43. Review, discuss and approve the health and safety file with the contractor(s) and manage site health and safety during the defect’s liability period
44. Prepare the consolidated project health and safety file for the client
45. Site Rehabilitation post construction.
46. That all employees are informed regarding the scope of their authority as contemplated in Section 37.1.b of the Act;
47. Provide all employees and contractors with access to the Occupational Health and Safety Act as well as the organization’s SHEQ program documentation and information as is
48. Tool box talks
49. Medicals (New employees, Scheduled medicals & exits)
50. Competency information (Drivers, First Aiders, Fire Fighters, HS Representatives etc.)
51. Participate in DOL audits and close out findings timeously.
· Good communication skills
· Output driven
· People orientated
· Good problem solving
· Quality conscious.
· Service driven
· Attentive to detail
· Be able to work under pressure