HOD: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
(IT) & COMPUTER APPLICATIONS
Founded in 1896 and set in the KwaZulu-Natal Midlands, Michaelhouse is a leading Anglican
Independent senior Boarding School for boys from Grade 8 to Grade 12
Michaelhouse seeks to employ a highly motivated and creative IT and CAT Head of Department to join our team. He /She will be
a team player and dynamic leader who will promote excellence in the teaching and learning of IT & CAT as well as inspire and
develop a team of staff. Duties will include teaching a range of classes, as well as involvement in various co-curricular activities
and pastoral duties within our school. Applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals are invited for this
Commencement date: January 2022.
APPLICATIONS ARE INVITED FROM CANDIDATES WHO:
• Deliver outstanding classroom practice and demonstrable interest in and knowledge of digital learning technology and
• Have proven experience of leading and managing innovation and change
• Have a proven record of innovation, commitment, and professionalism towards education.
• Have proven ability to work with and support colleagues, helping to motivate teams.
• Have a strong technological fluency.
• Are innovative and have a creative approach to teaching and interest in solving problems and finding and trying out new
• Have the knowledge and experience in teaching coding and robotics.
• Have strong administrative skills.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION ARE:
• A Bachelor’s degree.
• A professional teaching qualification from a recognised institution.
• A minimum of ten years of successful classroom teaching and learning experience in a technology-rich learning environment.
• Prior experience in a similar leadership role.
• Previous experience teaching IT and CAT from Grades 10 to 12.
• IEB experience will be advantageous.
• A high level of computer literacy skills and the use of technology as a tool for teaching and learning.
• Proof of registration with SACE.
Housing will be provided on or near the Michaelhouse estate to facilitate full involvement in the school programme.
Only suitably qualified candidates will be considered. An application will not in itself entitle the
applicant to an interview. Michaelhouse reserves the right not to make an appointment
To apply: Apply by completing the online application form at:
In addition to completing the online form, please email your handwritten
motivation letter AND CV to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 18 October 2021
Michaelhouse is committed to transformation and in accordance with our Employment Equity Plan
preference shall be given, but not limited to, candidates from the designated groups.
Protection of Personal Information (POPI) Disclaimer: Michaelhouse is committed to ensuring confidentiality of
personal information. By applying for this position and submitting your personal details and CV, you acknowledge
acceptance of this disclaimer. Your information will be used for the sole purpose of recruitment of the listed vacancy
and any required statutory reporting. All reasonable measures will be taken to protect the information of applicant