SAEP-Hope Scholars Programme – High School Coordinator
The South African Education Project (SAEP) is a non-profit organisation working with children and youth at key points in their education journey through our five learning programmes in ECD, primary, high school, post matric and tertiary levels.
South African Education Project (SAEP) seeks to employ a full time Coordinator for its High School Programme for a 3-year contract period. This role will be responsible for the full management of the programme; recruitment (staff, interns, student intake), reporting on funding, budgeting, as well as seeking new growth opportunities.
They are seeking a dynamic person with a high level of commitment to impart a strong sense of environmental stewardship amongst the youth in Philippi (Western Cape).
The successful candidate will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Supporting grade 8 and 9 learners to broaden their access to environmental experiences and activities to improve knowledge and awareness; empower them to make real changes in their communities and the greater Cape Town area and to assist in the growth of the programme.
- Engage with stakeholders such as Department of Basic Education and school staff.
- Facilitate Environmental Education and awareness raising sessions aligned to the CAPS curriculum.
- Design of activity plans for the programme as well as the implementation thereof.
- Develop partnerships and implement the Greening Project at schools.
- Inculcate a culture of writing, photography, and videography through researching Environmental issues through investigative reporting.
- Expose and provide environmental education to the youth through the experience of hikes, educational excursions and camps
- Will be responsible for the workplace training of interns in the department.
- Assist other programmes with the design and implementation of environmental projects.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A relevant Bachelor’s deg
- At least 3 years of work experience in a similar role
- Preferred skills with youth in schools
- Time management skills
- Work independently and under pressure
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Good administrative and computer skills
- Training and facilitation skills
- Responsible and accountable
- Strengths in team work
- Emotional maturity / stability
- Driver’s License
If you meet the above criteria, please submit your application (including a motivational covering letter, CV and references) to email@example.com.
SAEP will respond to shortlisted candidates only. If you have not received a response in three weeks after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your query – NGO Pulse Portal
For more about the South African Education and Environment Project, refer to www.saep.org