Hospital Engineering Manager
- Life Queenstown Private Hospital
- Hospital Engineering Manager
- A vacancy exists for a Hospital Engineering Manager based at Life East London Private Hospital reporting to the Hospital Manager,Benjamin Deyzel. The purpose of the role is to provide leadership, technical direction and guidance to the hospital engineering function. This entails ensuring that the maintenance and operation of movable and immovable plant and equipment as well as execution of infrastructure and construction projects in hospital is carried out in an effective, safe and compliant manner that is aligned to applicable best practices and legislation.
- Critical Outputs
- Effective management of relationships with the business and provide professional leadership, influence and two-way communication.
- Manage the hospital engineering department such as implementation of the maintenance management strategy and best practices to maximise overall plant and equipment efficiency (OPEE) and availability and also execution of infrastructure and construction project.
- Manage all aspects of the team (i.e. performance, recruitment, development and retention).
- Perform administrative functions (i.e. reviewing and writing performance reports, document management, data analysis, validating expenditures, enforcing rules, and support decisions about key engineering projects).
- Track and report functional metrics/key performance indicators to identify and deliver on opportunities for improvement.
- Drive strategic input and initiatives to maximise efficiencies e.g. utilities (water, electricity, and steam) cost review and plant and equipment modifications.
- Review, audit, monitor and evaluate performance of the engineering quality system.
- Prepare budgets and bids; drive contract negotiations and address any engineering project disputes
- Manage overall hospital engineering compliance to regulations such as OHS Act, construction regulations, SANS etc.
- Investigate industry technology, evaluate benefits, conduct business case appraisal and motivate funding
- National Diploma in either Mechanical or Electrical (Heavy Current) Engineering with a minimum of 5 years in operations or engineering maintenance and
- Practical experience in the hospital environment or similar environment is essential.
- Proven leadership and people management experience
- Knowledge of contracts negotiation and management, OHS Act regulation, facilities management, financial, project management and engineering procurement practices
- Leadership and teamwork
- Engaging diversity
- Motivating and developing people
- Drive and energy
- Influencing (negotiations)
- Ethical behaviour (Honesty)
- Business insight
- Excellence orientation (concern for high quality work and compliance)
- Building relationships, networking; customer responsiveness
- Organizational awareness
- Problem-Solving /Analysis.
- Presentation, verbal and written communication
- Closing date
- Friday, July 23, 2021
Internal applicants – Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.