Hospital Human Resources Manager
- Human resources
- Life Anncron Hospital
- Hospital Human Resources Manager
- A vacancy exists for a Hospital HR Manager based at Life Anncron Hospital, reporting to the Hospital Manager, Lukas Greeve. The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering on the Group and Regional HR strategy in the hospital and for optimizing employee commitment, productivity and capability to support the achievement of quality patient care and business efficiency. This will be done with and through the line by providing sound people management leadership, planning, policy/legislative interpretation, communication, developing sound relationships and change capability in line with Life Healthcare strategic objectives.
- Critical Outputs
- HR Leadership in the Hospital
- Ensure Hospital HR plan is aligned to Group HR strategy
- Visible HR leadership and partnership in the hospital by conducting regular department visits
- Leadership influence, responsiveness and credibility
- Ensure HR best practices (including an effective line manager delivery model and effective change management)
- Continuous analysing of HR metrics and trends to understand issues, develop solutions and effectively manage HR processes and procedures.
Resourcing and Talent Management
- Agree hospital resourcing needs and implement strategies to attract, retain and develop employees (includes transformation, flexible staffing)
- Effective training, development, talent and succession processes (including skills/WSP)
- Coach, guide and mentor managers and supervisors on HR / people management
- Partner with the line to ensure effective recruitment processes are implemented according to policy.
- Utilize effective recruitment platforms to attract good quality candidates.
- Effective induction and on-boarding of employees are complete within the required time-frame.
- Formulation and implementation of an appropriate succession and retention plan
- Provide effective guidance through influencing and promotion of diversity
- With the line, ensure effective Employment Equity/BBEEE planning, execution and legal compliance
- Plan and implement a hospital specific EE plan and report aligned to Group targets
- Ensure regular meetings are conducted with EE forums; as well as continuous monitoring of EE targets and goals.
- Initiate interventions to promote transformation and ensure recruitment initiatives are aligned to EE targets.
Effective Employee Relations
- Ensure engagement and communication structures are effectively managed with and through the line e.g., consultative forum, town-hall meetings etc.
- Provide support, counsel and risk mitigation advice to Manco, line managers and employees
- Provide comprehensive IR Training to all line managers on IR best practices
- Effectively manage day to day ER / IR matters, ensuring alignment to the Company’s IR strategy.
- Represent the Company at CCMA for all IR matters including conciliation and arbitration.
- Build solid relationships with key stakeholders
EE Employee Engagement and Enablement
- Ensure effective leadership engagement and enablement in the hospital to enhance the company EVP (including survey actions, reward & recognition, culture)
- Formulate and implement reward and recognition initiatives aligned to the Group’s reward strategy
- Ensure effective employee productivity by consistent monitoring of performance management processes;
- Pro-active management of absenteeism to ensure a healthy workforce and sufficient human resources available.
- Ensure an effective and integrated employee wellness program by utilizing appropriate Careways interventions.
HR Best Practices, Compliance and Risk Mitigation
- Partner with line managers to ensure best practices, policy and process compliance
- Identify, address and mitigate all HR risks within the hospital
- Support Employee Services by ensuring good administration, accuracy, quality and achievement of deadlines for payroll purposes (Kronos and payroll submission deadlines)
- Adequately prepare and manage all external and internal audits including legal compliance audits, ensuring a successful outcome.
- With the line, effectively drive and implement HR, Functional and Business projects
- Implementing effective change management plans for all major projects
- Partner with Manco to implement Hospital initiatives e.g., Capex, cost management, retention of key skills
- Effectively execute all regional and national projects within stipulated time-frames.
- A three-year Degree in Human Resources Management or a relevant HR qualification at NQF level 7
- Minimum of 5 years HR generalist experience
- Appropriate knowledge of all applicable SA legislation and its application in the workplace.
- Previous experience in healthcare environment advantageous
- Microsoft Computer proficient including basic knowledge of payroll systems
- Valid Driver’s license and own car essential
- Previous experience representing at CCMA.
- Problem-solving and analysis
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Conflict resolution
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Leading by example
- Motivating and developing people
- Drive & energy
- Ethical behaviour
- Closing date
- Friday, July 30, 2021
Internal applicants – Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.