Overall and direct responsibility and accountability for the management of the hotel operation and teams, with specific regard to maximising hotel revenues and occupancies, maintaining hotel standards, driving exceptional customer experiences and creating synergy between functions across the property in line with budgets and legislative requirements.
- 3-Year B-Degree (hospitality or business management)
- 8 years experience including 3 years in a hospitality management role at a 5-star establishment with a strong background in rooms division management (Housekeeping / Front Office / Guest Relations) and / or food & beverage
- Experience in managing Business Partners and Service Level Agreements
- 4 years senior management experience in hospitality management (food and beverage, rooms management and/or maintenance management)
Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to work shifts that meet operational requirements
- Local Travel
Key Performance Areas:
- Understand the Group strategies and Unit strategy and operationalise objectives and deliverables for the hotel
- Create synergy and alignment of CVP across the hotel functions
- Read & understand income statements & general ledger. Report on financials in weekly and monthly Ops meetings
- Plan budgets & do forecasts
- Manage staffing compliment of 30 plus and manage payroll
- Elicit new business opportunities and leverage relationships to promote revenues; competitive edge and business growth
- Manage increase in revenue and sales
- Plans align to company goals and environmental imperatives
- Effective delivery of an integrated system (processes, people, standards, management frameworks, practices and technology) to support the strategy
- Opportunities for marketing unique products and services to enhance market share / competitiveness are identified and exploited
- Oversee the development and review of room and hotel standard operating procedures and the application against 4 / 5-star grading standards
- Manage Capex budget and refurbishment projects
- Conduct regular walkabouts of the business unit (including front of house and back of house areas) to ensure the hotel and grounds are aesthetically attractive and secure, and that there is compliance with various standards, regulations and legislation
- Manage and co-ordinate internal audit processes and conduct quality assurance to ensure procedural compliance
- Implement sufficient control measures (including systems and processes) & checks within each department to mitigate any risk to the business.
- Drive a SHE management culture and ensure all staff are trained.
- Work with internal stakeholders and business partners (maintenance, finance, HR, and security) to identify risk areas and address these making recommendations; changes and enhancements
- Manage any non-compliance
- Accommodation standards, facilities and amenities are benchmarked against local and international industry best practice standards
- Audit targets are achieved, and areas of concern are resolved
- Compliance to relevant regulations and legislation e.g. RGP, FICA, ICS, etc.
- Drive the improvement of standards in line with leading practice
- Customer satisfaction targets are achieved
- Manage guest surveys and resolve within 48 hours
- New implementations / projects planned and executed to have minimum disruption on operational requirements in current services
- New Products / technology meet changing business/ customer needs and strategic objectives
- Drives a performance management culture
- Performance Management and coaching of reporting managers to ensure KPAs are achieved
- Hotel productivity ratios are maintained
- Understand customer experiences; trends and leading practice within the industry and apply these principles to hotel business plans, product offerings and experiences
- Analyse and understand customer preferences and activity of regular and return guests within hotel using Business Intelligence tools.
- Collaborate with unit EOC to operationalise the Customer experience plan and tools within the operation to build a CVP that is relevant, innovative and fresh.
- Conduct meet-and-greets; and familiarization trips; and entertain whenever required
- Customer Satisfaction targets are achieved
- Liaise with Group Sales and Marketing to develop retention and acquisition campaigns
- Liaise with Complex EOC to ensure synergy between hotel and complex product and service offering and the unit CVP
- Adherence to legal and Sun International Group (e.g. procurement. CSI, etc.) guidelines
- Increase in visits and/ or spend per visit (retention and acquisition strategies) to the resort
- Marketing/ promotion objectives achieved as per plan.
Preference will be given to employees from the designated groups in line with the provisions of the Employment Equity Act, No. 55 of 1998, SISA internal recruitment policy as well as units employment equity plans.