The receptionist is responsible for being the point of contact for guest, facilitating the check-in and check out processes of the hotel, upselling of rooms and providing exceptional, personalised customer service to guest throughout their stay in the hotel to ensure that their stay is worth remembering.
- Grade 12
- Opera knowledge would be an added advantage
- 1 year reception experience in a hospitality environment
Skills and Knowledge
- Opera knowledge would be an added advantage.
- Accuracy/ Attention to Detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Customer service orientation.
- Physically able to move around, and stand for extended periods of time
Key Performance Areas:
- Expectations met or exceeded
- Service standards are met or exceeded
- Service offering meets consumer demand/ demographic/ segmentation
- Services/ facilities have been explained to meet customer needs
- Grooming / hygiene standards have been adhered to
- Accuracy and completeness of profile details
- Welcome and departure experience as per SOP
- Special requests have been identified and actioned within SOP
- Information has been provided to meet customer needs
Cashiering Service/Revenue Management
- Activity report reflects all financial transactions
- Fraud prevention measures adhered to (IDs forged notes, etc)
- Suspicious transactions are identified and reported as per legislated requirements
- Adheres to SOP, bank policy and legislation
- Financial exchanges balance (debit to credit)
- Acceptance of notes meets Reserve Bank Requirements (e.g. soiled, stained, etc)
- Correct rates have been applied as per rates manual
- Correct information has been elicited as per predetermined mandatory information and system updated accordingly
- Accuracy of information provided to guest
- Confirmation letter as per guests booking requirements and company policy
- Desk and surrounding area is neat and tidy as per standard
- Health, safety and security measures adhered to
- Evacuation and Emergency Procedures / drills are carried out as per SOP
- Corporate & industry knowledge
- Product knowledge & standards rooms, facilities, promotions, etc.
- Proficient English written and verbal communication skills
- Accommodation pricing structures
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, Opera
- Business Acumen
- Basic Financial Acumen
- Night audit procedures
- Knowledge and application of legislation relating to Safety, Health and the environment
- Core behavioural competencies
- Collecting Information
- Team Co-operation
- People Supervision
- Appraising & developing
- Analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Reviewing / evaluating information and data
- Emotional resilience
- Dealing with Customers (including dealing with conflict)
- Self-driven and presentable
- Valuing Diversity & Inclusiveness
Preference will be given to employees from the designated groups in line with the provisions of the Employment Equity Act, No. 55 of 1998, SISA internal recruitment policy as well as units employment equity plans.