- Life Bay View Private Hospital
- Housekeeping Supervisor
- A vacancy exists for a Supervisor for Housekeeping based at Life Bay View Private Hospital, reporting to the Services Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing and coordinating practice and resources within the unit to achieve the company and hospital objectives of quality, growth and people.
- Critical Outputs
- Effective leadership
- Lead the implementation of the housekeeping team with the aim to achieve results and targets in quality, aesthetic and infection control measures.
- Function as hospital cleaning expert in order to achieving desired outcomes.
- Ensure competence of staff, determine and drive criteria for effective professional socialization, create an environment conducive to learning and provide feedback to relevant stakeholders.
- Promote customer satisfaction within unit, address customer complaints, conduct daily quality assurance rounds to ensure desired housekeeping results.
- Identify operational and safety risks and trends in all of the above, implement corrective action where necessary and monitor on an ongoing basis.
Effective leadership and people management
- Demonstrate visible leadership in respect of LHC values, operating model, actively support LHC initiatives and projects to ensure continued and improved productivity.
- Drive and manage all people related processes within unit.
Effective financial management (including equipment)
- Participate in business planning and budgeting processes and manage labour costs according to budget.
- Manage stock levels and utilization within set budgets and drive product management processes within unit together with relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure effective and efficient processing and loading of invoices, quotes and other financial documents and processes in line with group finance policies.
- Ensure staff are trained on the operation of equipment within unit and together with relevant stakeholders ensure equipment is in working order to provide a safe patient and employee environment.
Effective relationships with internal & external stakeholders
- Build and maintain productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders (i.e. HOD’s, Enabling functions, patients, family members, service providers etc.) through ongoing communication and feedback.
- Build and maintain productive relationships with all other internal departments by agreeing professional code of conduct, driving and monitoring effective communication regarding positive patient outcomes, functioning as an advocate for LHC and obtaining optimal buy in from internal stakeholders to maximize unit outcomes.
- National Senior Certificate (Grade 12)
- Management experience in housekeeping and cleaning in the medical and healthcare industry
- Relevant experience to meet the critical outputs
- Proven leadership and people management skill would be an advantage
- Basic understanding of labour legislation, financial and chain management principles
- Understanding of the private healthcare industry, its challenges and role players would be an advantage
- Computer proficiency is critical
- Driver’s license and ability to travel
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Action orientation
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Leading by example
- Motivating and developing people
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Closing date
- Monday, April 19, 2021
Internal applicants – Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.