Higher Health: HR Assistant Consultant
Higher Education and Training Health Wellness and Development Centre is an implementing agency of the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) in respect of health, wellness and development of students and staff at 26 public universities, 50 technical and vocational education and training (TVET) colleges, with some 400 campuses as well as 9 Community Education Training Colleges with some 200 main campuses across the country. The organisation is a national force for youth development, inspiring and enabling students to safeguard their health and wellbeing and pursue opportunities for personal growth and social responsibility.
Higher Education and Training Health Wellness and Development Centre aims to contribute to the success of the higher education and training sector by:
- Improving the health and psycho-social wellbeing of students, thereby enabling larger numbers of students to complete their studies and graduate in sound health.
- Enriching the knowledge and skills students acquire in relation to health, mental wellbeing and social development, and preparing them for career and family responsibilities.
- Creating a campus environment that is conducive to student health and wellbeing and offers structured opportunities for their personal development.
Higher Education and Training Health Wellness and Development Centre invites applications for the position of HR Assistant Consultant based at the Head Office in Centurion.
Human resources function is highly depended on a structured HR environment and one that can provide efficient support and guidance to employees and its Management whilst ensuring that processes and policies are complied with. The HR Assistant Consultant is required to provide assistance and support to the human resource department.
- National Diploma or bachelor’s in human resources
- 3years experience in HR environment
- At least 2years experience in recruitment & selection
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Must be willing to travel across the Country as required
- Ability to multi-task
- Must have worked in fast paced environment.
The key functions of the consultant will entail the following but not limited to:
- Recruitment & Selection (Screening applications, shortlisting with line managers, arranging and facilitating interviews, conducting verification checks).
- General administration (i.e., drafting offer letters, employment contracts, drafting recruitment reports, filing, compiling induction packs, drafting job descriptions for new incumbents etc).
- Assisting with the setup of the Performance management system.
- Records management (i.e. opening new personnel files and maintenance).
- Assisting with payroll administration and addressing staff queries.
- Any other HR Duties as required by the HR Consultant.
Salary for the position is market related.
Interested candidates should please submit a one-page letter of motivation, CV and the names and contact details of at least three traceable referees, by close of business on 19 April 2021 to: HR@higherhealth.ac.za OR email@example.com This position is valid for a period of 1 month.
You are encouraged to submit a cover letter with your application. The position is subject to availability of funding and Higher Education and Training Health Wellness and Development Centre reserves the right not to make an appointment.