Our client is the holding company of some of South Africa’s leading financial long and short-term insurance providers. Employee Benefits Administration through their Advisory Services, which includes health insurance, provident fund, and group life administration. They are pioneers with a hunger for the best, bringing customer-focused innovation and service excellence to the financial services industry. They are also an undivided team of diverse thinkers and doers who believe in leading through technology and pushing beyond limits.Job Purpose
Lead and manage the end-to-end People/HR agenda within a business area by aligning the people and business agenda to ensure business objectives are met that contribute to the delivery of the overall company strategy. This is achieved through the introduction and implementation of programs, tools, policies, and frameworks developed in the Centres of Expertise that support the achievement of the agreed people, customer, and growth results. Monitor (through SLAs, HR metrics) and support HR services delivered through the People Enablement delivery team.
- Develop and propose annual business plans for a given area or department and ensure alignment with strategy and recommend financial and headcount budgets and propose HR-related business targets.
- Analyze and investigate business/people issues and trends within the business unit and recommend interventions in collaboration with COE to create HR insights that enable the diagnosis of business issues, enhancement of employee engagement, and/or improvement of business performance.
- Focus on consultative support and HR solution delivery to senior line management and support all HR products, services, process implementation including any required changes, and ensure client buy-in through influencing (context, rationale).
- Communicate the actions needed to implement the function’s strategy and business plan within the team, explain the relationship to the broader organization’s mission, vision, and values, motivate people to commit to these, and to doing extraordinary things to achieve local business goals.
- Develop procedures and interpret and apply policy for the area of expertise to achieve specified outputs, or advise the wider business on application of policy, then monitor implementation of those procedures within the organization.
- Provide specialist guidance to senior managers at the business unit or regional level to enable the implementation of policy, projects, and change initiatives as well as drive effective execution of HR policies and processes in their business.
- Manage and support the development and delivery of an organizational change management initiative for a substantial department.
- Draft HR frameworks within an area of expertise to meet business needs, ensuring compliance with specified design principles, internal policies, and external legal requirements.
- Responsible to investigate all kinds of incidents and reports, and provide expert advice to more senior colleagues.
- Minimize risk exposures and ensure adherence to regulatory standards by working with all internal functions to make sure compliance programs are properly implemented.
- Responsible to maintain an in-depth understanding of technology, external regulation, and industry best practices through ongoing education, attending conferences, and reading specialist media.
Bachelor’s degree / Diploma in HR Management or Industrial Psychology
Experience in Project Management and HRMS
Minimum of 4 years experience in any of the following:
- Strategic Human Resources Management
- HR Organisation Capability management
- Change Management
Talent Management (Recruitment, Development, and Retention)
Proficient in MS Office.