Hollywoodbets has an exciting opportunity for an HR Consultant to be based at our Gauteng Team Support, Boksburg, Gauteng. The HR Consultant will be responsible for providing comprehensive support to the Retail Operational Region which will include workforce planning, succession planning and industrial relations.
- Diploma/Degree in Human Resources or studying towards.
- 2-3 years Human Resources experience.
- Knowledge of Labour Legislation (EE Act, BCEA, Labour Relations).
- Valid driver’s licence (extensive travel required).
Recruitment and selection:
- Ensuring that all aspects of the recruitment and selection process functions effectively for the recruitment of permanent and part time team members.
- Ensuring a Recruitment Authorisation form is completed prior to the commencement of the recruitment process.
- Advertising positions internally via email and the HIS System as well as externally and screening applications.
- Scheduling and conducting interviews in conjunction with management.
- Conducting all pre-employment checks and references on selected candidates.
- Compiling offers of employment for selected candidates.
- Providing effective and efficient workforce management.
- Ensuring the management of vacancies in the region and utilizing the Employment Equity plan to guide vacancy placements.
- Creating a platform that ensures all branch and senior team members clearly understand the new take on process.
- The human resource administrative role will entail that all managers effectively submit all requested recruitment information.
- Ensuring that new team member personal file is created and that all new employee details are accurately submitted to Payroll before cut-off date of each month.
- Ensuring induction is arranged timeously and new team members are properly inducted.
- The HR function will entail a well aligned process to assist the business teams to facilitate the roll-out of job descriptions and provide the necessary value add for an effective and efficient performance management exercise.
- Ensuring job descriptions outline the duties and responsibilities for the employee in the position and lays the foundation against which the employee will be evaluated.
- To ensure every team member sign a performance agreement which are aligned to strategic priorities.
- The Human Resources Consultant is to advise all parties of the principles and objectives of an evaluation process by proving training for managers who will be responsible for the actual evaluations/ appraisals.
- Ensuring all relevant parties are equipped with the tools to manage performance.
- Encourage ongoing one-on-one performance discussions.
- To proactively identify and eliminate performance management obstacles.
Talent management/succession planning:
- To identify potential and to recognize existing talent and to use that to fill vacancies higher in the organization or to transfer individuals into jobs where better use can be made of their abilities or developing skills.
- Ensuring a holistic career discussion with the identified talented team members through a talent forum process.
- Ensure retention strategies are implemented to retain skilled labour.
- Training initiatives must be used to create individual development plans fast track and close skills gaps.
- Ensuring the work climate allows for attraction and retention of top talent and drives a culture of employee engagement.
- Ensure Employment Equity meetings are set up and the necessary committee members are made aware of dates.
- Employment Equity is considered when recruitment, transfers or promotions are being conducted.
- Implement IR in line with group practice.
- Drafting of written and verbal warnings.
- Ensure Hearings are set up timeously and all relevant parties are made aware.
- Ensuring that the dismissal process is followed consistently.
- Keep up to date with CCMA cases, schedule and ensure managers are prepared.
Injury on duty:
- Responsible for the IOD process.
- Log IOD on to the system.
- Sending claim numbers to the Manager to forward to team members for their medical reports.
- Following up on the status of claims.
- Ensure relevant parties are timeously informed of terminations.
- Conducting exit interviews with team members who resign.
- Identify trends and address with management.
- Ensure all Human Resources policies and procedures are efficient and effectively communicated within the Region.
- Creating awareness of strategic key human resources.
Skills and competencies:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional Leadership skills and Management skills.
- Impressive planning, organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrates exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong People Management skills and problem-solving skills.
- Good report writing skills. (Verbal and written).
Please note that only applicants who meet the stipulated minimum requirements will be considered.
Please be advised that should you not be contacted with 30 days, kindly consider your application unsuccessful.