HR/Finance Admin Officer
12 August 2021
Tankwa Karoo National Park
A Challenging vacancy currently exists for a Human Resources and Finance Admin Officer at Tankwa Karoo National Park which is situated 110km from Calvinia/ 130 from Sutherland and 180km from Ceres. The successful candidate will have to be a highly motivated individual with the necessary skills and experience in the related Human Resource and Finance field. The successful candidate will report to the Park Manager. Do note that the successful candidate will have to sign a lease to occupy the staff accommodation inside the Park.
Paterson Grading: B5
The remuneration package excludes housing subsidy as the incumbent is expected to reside inside the Park in the Staff Accommodation. This package is on a Paterson Scale B5 job grade, all other allowances and benefits are as specified in the HR tariff Document and Conditions of Services of SANParks. Only interested persons who meet the above-stated requirement should send a detailed CV, cover letter, certified copies of qualification and ID and other relevant supporting documents firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications that do not comply will not be considered.
NB: Only quote Reference Number: TK01 in the subject line of your electronic application (email) as well as in your application cover letter. Applications that have not been responded to within 21 days should be regarded as unsuccessful.
SANParks is committed to the principles of employment equity. Preference will be given to PDI/HDSA. SANParks reserves the right not to make an appointment.
- Grade 12 Certificate with a National Diploma (NQF6) in Office Administration/Finance related
- Minimum of Two (2) years experience in Finance & Human Resources
- Excellent Computer skills in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook will be a prerequisite;
- Working knowledge of relevant legislation Financial Administration, Supply Chain Management & SANParks Human Resource Policies, Procedures Guidelines and Practices;
- Sound written, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Applicant must be flexible and have the ability to meet deadlines and work without supervision;
- Punctual, neat and responsible
- Personal Assistant to the Park Manager
- Offer Administrative support to Line-Managers and Park Manager in the procurement of goods/services by completing Purchase Orders and getting Quotations.
- Facilitate the Recruitment and Selection of candidates for vacant positions; administer retirements and terminations.
- Drafting of all contracts: permanent, fixed-term, seasonal and student contracts.
- Induction of newly appointed employees familiarising them with all policies & procedures and necessary information with regards to SANParks.
- Compiling the monthly HR salary instructions for staff.
- Capturing and Drawing of Leave on BPM system
- Verifying all attendance registers and leave forms submitted for correctness and forward to the Payroll office for processing.
- Administration of I.O.D’s claims & follow-up reports, submitted in consultation with HRM and Corporate Office.
- Administration of Uniform requirements for staff.
- Capturing of Request to Travel, S&T claims, and debtors and creditors on Great Plain’s financial system.
- Administrating of assets and inventory registers.
- Composition of HR monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Coordinating training needs Analyses and Training interventions of the Park.
- Maintaining and updating all HR filing per employee.
- Fulfilling the role of HR Representative at Disciplinary Hearings.
- People well-being i.e. supporting employees with personal matters.
- Assisting with other Ad Hoc Tasks prescribed by the Park Manager.
R 135 377 – R 172 190
Closing date: 25 August 2021