Internship for Unemployed Learners in HR and Payroll
- Human resources
- Head Office, JHB
- Internship for Unemployed Learners in HR and Payroll
- An opportunity exists for two unemployed learners to participate in an internship in the Human Resources field. The project is aimed to provide the opportunity for unemployed learners who have successfully completed their HR-related qualifications to gain work experience in line with the qualifications.
The learners must be graduates of a relevant undergraduate or post graduate degree in Human Resources and will be based at the Life Healthcare Head office in Dunkeld, Johannesburg for a period of 12 months.
- Critical Outputs
- The internships entail the following:
The skills development intern will report to the Skills Development Facilitator and will work in the skills development office assisting with the skills development administration as it relates to the following:
- Staff bursaries
- B-BBEE audit
- Annual report submission to the HWSETA
The Payroll intern will report to the Payroll Manager and will work in the payroll department assisting with the administration relating to the following
- Payroll Input
- Benefits Administration
- Legislative Deductions
The internship will be registered with the HWSETA. Learners will receive a stipend of R 6,000 per month for 12 months
- Learners must be unemployed to qualify for this project.
- Only South African citizens under the age of 35 will be considered.
- Learners must have completed their qualification to participate in this project.
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication
- Attention to detail
- Building relationships
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Computer literacy
- Closing date
- Monday, May 24, 2021
Candidate must be willing to gain a thorough knowledge of Compensation & Benefits in general as well as a good understanding of the Life Healthcare retirement funds. Customer focus and sound judgement skills are critical. Good organisational skills are essential.
Internal applicants – Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.