CWS RSC Africa: HR Officer
The Resettlement Support Center (CWS RSC Africa) operates a US refugee resettlement program in sub-Saharan Africa through a Cooperative Agreement with the Department of State/Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration. CWS RSC Africa is responsible for the preparation of refugee case files for adjudication by US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) officers, as well as the out-processing and cultural orientation of all approved cases. CWS RSC Africa is administered by the Church World Service Immigration Refugee Program (CWS/IRP) and is based in Nairobi, Kenya with a sub-office in Pretoria, South Africa.
Based in Pretoria, Gauteng – Church World Service seeks to appoint a
HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICER
This position is responsible for the administration and management of staff welfare and supports recruitment including conducting quality control (QC) of HR documents and procedures. The HR Officer operates as a generalist and carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: departmental development, Human Resources Information System (HRIS), supports recruitment and retention, employee relations, training and development and benefits administration.
The HR Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Develop, update and ensure effective implementation of new hires on-boarding and training programs.
- Conduct new hire onboarding ensuring the new hires have understood the policies and procedures, sign offs and other onboarding materials.
- Create, arrange and maintain recruitment records per CWS Africa policy
- Ensure statutory documents are provided and relevant forms filled by the new hire.
- Administers staff pension scheme, ensuring completeness of relevant documents and liaising with finance payroll processing contact and fund administrator. Ensure pension forms have been submitted to the fund administrator before the payroll is concluded.
- Prepare staff contracts and monitor expiry of the same. Liaise with managers/head of units to update them of the same.
- Work with Unit Supervisors, to identify and notify staff in advance of the contracts that are not being renewed.
- Oversee CWS Africa staff medical and other insurance coverage. This includes but not limited to enrolment, deletions, issuance of medical cards, trainings, debits, credits, evacuations.
- Ensure field staff and any other traveling staffs are informed of the relevant travel vaccinations to be taken and facilitate the same for a group.
- Maintain an accurate staff/dependent medical list on monthly basis and update payroll office on the deductions to be made.
- Keeps a track of payments made to the different insurances on yearly basis. Share the payment report on quarterly basis.
- Responsible for the editing, creation and maintenance of HR SOP’s that are aligned with CWS Africa policies as well as the domestic labor laws and standards of South Africa
The HR Officer must meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human resource management or related field, higher Diploma in Human Resource is strongly preferred.
- Eight (8) years of paid work experience required.
- Two (2) years’ work experience in a HR position in a busy HR office is required.
- One (1) year experience managing medical and other staff insurance covers preferred.
- One (1) year managing recruitment both nationally and internationally preferred.
- Previous experience working with an International NGO strongly desired.
- Understands how to deliver and support robust compensation & benefits programs.
- Has the ability to be a member of the HR Team that delivers and supports best practice employee relations to all staff.
- A member of Human Resource Management association or related preferred.
- Highly proficient in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Skilled at learning new technologies quickly.
- Skilled at analyzing processes and translating them into automated solutions.
- A clear MIE background check is required before the start of employment. Must be legally eligible to work full time in South Africa.
View the full job description and application instructions on the Vacancies page at www.actionappointments.co.za and email your application by Friday June 18th 2021 to email@example.com