Responsible for effectively managing and implementing the full life cycle of talent acquisition, development of policies and procedures and general administration and support
(A starting annual total cost to company package up to R 581 987 negotiable)
Five year fixed term contract, renewable
- Degree or National Diploma in Human Resources, Psychology, Industrial Psychology, Organisational Development or related field of study. Candidates in a process of completing the aforementioned qualifications will also be considered.
- Knowledge of HR functions (pay & benefits, recruitment, training & development etc.)
- Atleast 3 to 5 years’ proven experience experience as HR officer, administrator or other HR position
- Proficient in MS Office; knowledge of HRMS is a plus
- Outstanding organizational and time-management abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving and decision-making aptitude
- Strong ethics and reliability
- Experience of working with senior/ middle managers in talent acquisition and other related HR areas
- Experience in utilizing social media to attract the right talent
- Good understanding of HR systems and reporting
- Experience in implementing targeted talent initiatives
- Understanding of related legislation
Competencies and skills:
- Excellent & confident communicator.
- Good understanding of related legislation is essential.
- Good facilitation and presentation skills.
- Good knowledge of MS Office (particularly EXCEL and PowerPoint).
- Excellent standard of written English.
- Support the development and implementation of HR initiatives and systems
- Provide counseling and advice on policies and procedures
- Be actively involved in recruitment by preparing job descriptions, posting ads and managing the hiring process
- Create and implement effective onboarding plans
- Support training and development programs
- Assist in performance management processes
- Support the management of disciplinary and grievance issues
- Maintain employee records (attendance, EEO data etc.) according to policy and legal requirements
- Review employment and working conditions to ensure legal compliance
Practical work exposure to area of expertise will be further considered to balance against other requirements.
- An opportunity for you to actively participate in reaching the objectives of building an efficient, functioning, free and fair economy for all South Africans.
- Exposure to excellent training opportunities.
- An opportunity to make a meaningful contribution to the attainment of the Commission’s Vision 2030 of a Growing and Inclusive Economy that serves all South Africans.
- Over and above operational requirements, our appointment will take into account the South Africa and the Commission’s Employment Equity imperatives.
- All international qualifications must be accompanied by a SAQA accreditation certificate. Shortlisted candidates may be required to undergo psychometric assessments.
- The successful candidate will be vetted for security purposes.
- The Commission reserves the right not to fill this position.