A manufacturing company based in Germiston is actively looking for an HR Officer with an HR Generalist experience background and a Knowledge of HR principles and practices; employment and labour legislation; change management processes and HR systems.
HR Administration, Conditions of Employment and Benefits
- Oversee and manage the overall HR Administration, Conditions of Employment and Benefits function
- Oversee and manage all HR input to Payroll
- Oversee and manage all Administration and Document Control
- HR Policy management and communication to employees
- Perform quality checks on all HR related documentation
- Verify accurate data capturing
- Ensure availability of information for reporting purposes
- Ensure all relevant HR information is available for capturing
- Oversee and manage the Industrial Relations and Employee Relations function
- Employment Equity Administration and compliance
- Wage Negotiations
- Assist in Representing Company at CCMA
- Coach, guide and advise line management re: misconduct and other disciplinary / grievance related matters
- Conduct quality assurance on all employee data that is loaded into the HR system(s)
- Ensure that all data is captured accurately
- Ensure audit findings/deviations are actioned and corrected on HR system
- Compliance, Governance and Assurance
- Execute responsibilities in a manner that is associated with HR Services
- Comply with HR services delivery metrics, standards and guidelines
- Ensure Compliance to applicable policies, processes, procedures and applicable statutory laws and regulations
- Address discrepancies/unlawful practices by reporting it to management
- Apply ethical principles in the practice and processing of HR relevant data
- Customer, Stakeholder and Client Relationship Management
- Internal Business Processes
- Corporate Social Investment
Learning and development
- Implementation and execution of Talent, Performance Management and Development initiatives
- Ensure Skills Development Act and B-BBEE (Skills Development) compliance to ensure the company achieves its targets
- Source Service Providers taking B-BBEE Initiatives into consideration
- Monitor and Enhance HR & Training Communications Channels & Systems
- Assist with SLP-HRD Implementation arrangements and enforcement
- Ensure integrity of Learning & Development data captured and aligned to all audit protocols.
- Prepare and Submit WSP/ATR report to relevant stakeholders
- Implement change management initiatives designed to build a culture of performance and innovation.
- Prepare and Participate in Forums Engagements
- Monitor Invocom Standards and Practices
Recruitment and Selection
- Assist with forecasting human resources needs for recruitment
- Advertise vacancies, coordinate candidate screening, selection, hiring and orientation.
- Ensure recruitment consultants are engaged as per policy and procedures.
- Maintain and coordinate Job Model Reviews annually and ensure employees have copies of these Job Models.
- Maintain performance management system and tools (Including training of line management, ensure regular performance reviews take place, discipline/corrective action, development and termination)
- In consultation with Line Management, conduct organizational and individual development needs analysis.
- Identify suitable courses which meet the organisational training needs, follow up and implement.
- Ensure regularly review and standard of Job Models for all positions.
- Participate in culture, change management and innovation initiatives.
- Ensure that the correct format for performance reviews is placed and used, and that all staff has an understanding.
- Monitor and review performance reviews for consistency.
- Ensure the Vital Elements of a Performing Organisation are adhered to in the business unit by all line managers by conducting regular reviews.(Benchmark)
Minimum experience & qualifications required
- Degree or N Dip: Human Resources Management.
- Certificate in Labour Relations.
- Skills Development Facilitator.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- 5 – 7 years’ experience as an HR Generalist.
- Knowledge of HR principles and practices; employment and labour legislation; change.
management processes and HR systems.
- Skills Development Facilitator Experience.
- Knowledge and practical experience of disciplinary, grievance and CCMA processes.
Behavioural skills required
- Must be well spoken and able to communicate effectively to all
- Must have good interpersonal relations
- Must have attention to detail
- Must be self-driven, team player, able to work independently, methodical
- Must have the ability to work without supervision and to use initiative and sound judgement
- Must have the ability to work under pressure