HR Systems Specialist
- Human resources
- Head Office, JHB
- HR Systems Specialist
- A vacancy exists for an HR Systems Specialist reporting to the HR Systems Manager and based at Life Head Office in Rosebank. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring ongoing development, maintenance and support to the effective HR systems to meet business requirements, in line with HR and Company strategic objectives.
- Critical Outputs
- Ensure systems compliance with company policies, practise and legislation (Tax, UIF, BCEA).
- Ensure accurate system enhancements and changes on an on-going basis.
- Monitoring of systems to ensure that they are functioning according to business requirements.
- Monitor our internal call ticketing system (LifeLink) statistics on a regular basis to assess call volumes and type of calls, investigate calls and provide both formal and informal customer feedback.
- Support improvements and development on HR systems (Vision & Kronos).
- Development and testing of new projects on system.
- Identify gaps on the systems and implement remedial action where necessary.
- Review data integrity, audit data, maintain and test system on an on-going basis and action accordingly.
- Monitoring and facilitating the change control process between Educos & IM.
- Develop and maintain system documentation, and training manuals for all users. Assist with the training of users on HR systems through formal training sessions.
- Support users on an on-going basis with general system queries.
- Ensure payroll related transactions on Kronos and Vision Workflow are interfaced effectively and correctly.
- Assist with special projects as requested by management.
- Conduct the monthly final payroll close in conjunction with Payroll Manager and HR Systems Manager.
- Build and maintain relationships with key service providers, namely Educos and Altron Bytes & IM department.
- Build and maintain relationships with hospitals, line managers and employees.
- Provide system support to other functions (WSP, Nursing College), including support to the business for the Agency module.
Effective Governance and Risk Management
- Participate in internal and external audit process and provide information and documentation where necessary.
- Liaise with external auditors regarding information and documentation required during external audit process.
- Degree/Diploma in HR or IT with a minimum of 5 years’ experience within a large (5000+) corporate environment.
- Strong knowledge of payroll systems.
- Educos Vision and Kronos being an advantage.
- Implementation of HR Systems and processes will be an advantage.
- Basic understanding of relevant labour legislation (BCEA & UIF).
- Understanding of SA tax legislation (understanding of Botswana tax legislation an advantage).
- Proficiency in Microsoft office is critical with advanced Excel skills.
- Problem-solving, analysis & reasoning
- Attention to detail
- Ethical behavior (honesty)
- Monitoring skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Team player
- Self management
- Computer proficiency
- Drive & Energy
- Excellence Orientation (concern for high quality work)
- Ability to build relationships & network
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Able to work under pressure
- Deadline driven
- Closing date
- Friday, April 9, 2021
Candidate must be willing to gain a thorough knowledge of Compensation & Benefits in general as well as a good understanding of the Life Healthcare retirement funds. Customer focus and sound judgement skills are critical. Good organisational skills are essential.
Internal applicants – Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.