We have an exciting position for a HRD Storeman to provide a quality materials supply function to a section of a Production Unit by performing all stores materials supply operations efficiently and effectively
People. Process. Performance. You’ll keep sight of it all.
Anglo American aims to lead the future of mining. Guided by our purpose and our values, we enable both high performance and purposeful action as we strive to “re-imagine mining to improve people’s lives”.
Our Platinum business mines, processes and refines the entire range of platinum group metals (PGMs): platinum, palladium, rhodium, ruthenium, iridium and osmium. We are the world’s leading primary producer of PGMs, which have a range of specialised applications that improve lives across the world from vehicle fuel cells to jewellery; dentistry to glassmaking; pacemakers
We are currently seeking HRD Storeman to join our Platinum family. This is a key role within the team where your duties will include:
- Adhering to stores operating procedures, to achieve efficiency in the store under the guidance of the Supply Chain Officer/Supply Chain Supervisor. E.g. scheduling, receiving, storage, issuing and Materials Handling processes.
- Verifying quality, condition and correctness of measure of all material received directly from suppliers and from another store.
- Returning materials where necessary.
- Ensuring effective and accurate issuing of material from stock – including picking, packing, staging and notification of customers.
- Issuing fuel and capture consumption information accurately.
- Applying correct procedures for issuing of emergency and after-hours orders.
- Undertaking good housekeeping practices at the stores
- Keeping records accurately, to ensure integrity of administration systems at the stores
This role is in the Operations Department at a band B7 level role reporting to the Supply Chain Site Supervisor
- Grade 12 or equivalent qualifications
- Material Management Certificate, or equivalent (advantageous)
- 6 months experience within a materials management environment in a large operation,
- SAP or similar system experience
- Relevant Materials Handling Equipment licence.
- Valid drivers license code 8
Who We Are
We aim to lead the industry by pursuing ever safer and more responsible ways of working, demonstrating integrity and showing care and respect for people and the planet? That means we are constantly seeking new opportunities to mine and process our products sustainably, using less water, less energy and more precise extraction technologies.
As the custodians of coal and other precious natural resources – diamonds (through De Beers), copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore and nickel – our extraordinary teams work safely and collaboratively, with the utmost consideration for local communities, our customers and the world at large.
What We Offer
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
Inclusion and Diversity
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfill their potential.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.