Human Resources Manager (BWD)
Strategic Human Capital
Job Type Classification
Location – Country
Location – Province
Location – Town / City
Location – Site
Central Depot / Bulk Distribution
Job Advert Summary
To manage an innovative, continuously improving Human Resources Department that provides technical expertise and advice to the Bulk Water Distribution site in all functional areas of Human Resources, namely: health and wellness, training and development, human resource information, including performance management and talent acquisition, as well as employee relations.
• An appropriate Degree in Social Sciences, HR, Commerce or equivalent qualification. • A Post-graduate qualification is desirable • 5-7 years proven track record of excellence and experience in human resource (either as a generalist or involved in a multiple range of specialised functional roles). • 3 years experience in a management role is desirable.
• Ensure effective implementation of Rand Water Human Resources strategies and policies within the Division or Site in order to support the organization in achieving its operational and strategic objectives. • Interpreting, promoting and monitoring the implementation of Rand Water’s Human Resources strategy and transformation initiatives. • Develop, maintain & revise appropriate guidelines for the Site in order to align the implementation of HR strategies and policies. • Develop the HR Business Plan for the Site. • Empowering line managers to discharge their overall responsibility and associate accountability for people management • Ensure the effective implementation of talent management initiatives and performance management systems to promote a high performance culture. • Develop and implement appropriate initiatives to enhance staff morale, motivation and productivity. • Ensure an effective, integrated Human Resources Information system and administrative support that enables appropriate management decision making. • Manage and guide a team of Human Resources professionals on site. • Establish processes and systems to track the performance progress of the Human Resources Department against the Key Performance Indicators critical to the Balance Scorecard for Rand Water, the Strategic Human Capital Portfolio and the HR Operations Division as well as the Site. • Ensure that the talent acquisition initiatives and placement of employees respond to changing stakeholder demands and expectations. • Oversee the compilation of monthly statistical reports on human resource information to influence decision making and improvement of best practices at the Site. • Oversee the compilation of the Workplace Skills Plan and the eventual Training Implementation Reports by monitoring compliance towards achieving the set Site targets and the overall Corporate targets. • Promote proactive and reactive health and wellness programmes in conjunction with the Corporate Wellness Team. • Oversee the grievance and disciplinary management of cases at the Site in line with the Corporate ER processes and procedures. • Establish, update and implement an effective communication strategy for Site activities, as well as promoting an effective stakeholder management. • Remaining abreast of developments in the external environment with regard to national HR trends, legalization and macro industry-related issues
• Mandatory HR Legislation. • Extensive knowledge of Human Resources policies and practices. • Budget management • SAP HR • Benefits Management (HR related). • Quality Management Systems (e.g. ISO requirements) • HR Business Processes and Standard Operating Procedures. • Project management principles
• HR strategy alignment and implementation. • Interpretation and correct application of policies and broader HR legislation. • Research and benchmarking • SAP HR • Strong leadership and Management skills. • Stakeholder Relations and Relationship Building. • Ability to manage competing priorities • Results/ Solution orientated • Change management • Conflict Management • Managing diversity • Analytical skills • Systems thinking • Problem solving
• Innovative and self-driven. • Results/ solution orientated. • Able to work independently and with multi-disciplinary teams. • Able to work under pressure. • Able to interact effectively with people at all levels. • Discreet and able to uphold confidentiality. • Attention to detail. • Decisiveness. • Flexibility. • Resilience. • Hands-on approach.