the LGBTI Centre: Human Resource Administrators
The Lesbian and Gay Community and Health Centre (the LGBTI Centre)
The Lesbian and Gay Community and Health Centre (the LGBTI Centre) is community-oriented wellbeing and human rights focused services, training and advocacy organisation. They provide direct services, outreach youth and community well-being programme, support and education primarily to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) individuals and/or communities, Men Who Have Sex With Men (MSM) and Women Who Have Sex With Women (WSW) in KwaZulu-Natal (KZN). We are a drop-in safe space and Key Populations’ Clinic. Lesbian & Gay Community & Health Centre (a project of the KZN Coalition for Gay & Lesbian Equality)
The LGBTI seeks to appoint a 2 Human Resource Administrators to oversee proper cataloguing and/or filing of employee documents including contracts, recruitment paper work, copies of appointment letters, contracts, stater packs, and related; and maintain and/or update employee records, manage various documents and internal databases, such as leave which will be based within our 2 Districts of operation (Port shepstone and uLadysmith)
Opportunity Type: 10 Months Contract Opportunity
Start Date: 1 June 2021
Salary: Market Related
- Must have a National Diploma in HR Management
- Must have 2 years+ experience in HR Administration
- Travel and overtime may be required from time to time.
- May be required to work at sites that are under resourced and operate in highly pressurised environment
- Maintain effective working relationships with staff and management.
- Excellent documentation and implementation skills as an HR generalist
- Capacity to engage in a diverse work environment
Key Performance areas:
- Organize and maintain personnel records;
- Manage and update internal databases, e.g. leave;
- Prepare and amend HR documents, e.g. contracts and recruitment guides;
- Review and renew company policies and legal compliance;
- Communicate with external partners; and
- Assist with payroll by providing the Finance Department with relevant employee information i.e. leave and related.
Interested candidates to please submit 1) a 2 Page Summary CV with 2+ traceable references, and 2) certified supporting documents to Hr@gaycentre.org.za by 19 May 2021, 14h00