Dis-Chem Pharmacies’ has an opportunity available for a Human Resource Business Partner to join the team for their JHB South Region. The main purpose of this role will be to build up relationships with key stakeholders within the business by collaborating with them and providing both daily and strategic consultation on a wide variety of HR-related matters
- Grade 12 / Matric
- Tertiary Qualification in Human Resources, Labour Relations or Industrial Psychology.
- 5 or more years’ experience as an HR Generalist at a large enterprise (> 1 000 employees).
- Honours Degree in Human Resources, Labour Relations or Industrial Psychology.
- Previous HR experience in the Retail or FMCG industry.
- Conduct a regular needs analysis for area of responsibility in order to identify recruitment requirements.
- Communicate regional recruitment requirements to the Head Office Recruitment Department.
- Request recruitment adverts from the Head Office Recruitment Department according to operational requirements.
- Review and shortlist candidate pool received from the Head Office Recruitment Department.
- Facilitate competency based interviews with candidates at operational level.
- Evaluate suitability of candidates in collaboration with management.
- Communicate relevant interview feedback to the Head Office Recruitment Department.
- Gather and submit necessary documentation related to the recruitment process, including interview notes and candidate documents.
- Request contracts from the Head Office Recruitment Department and distribute to relevant parties.
- Ensure that contracts are signed and sent back to the Head Office Recruitment Department timeously.
- Facilitating the background screening and job offer stage as well as the on-boarding process.
- Attending to day-to-day Employee Relations matters and ensure that labour legislation is adhered to in area of responsibility.
- Providing relevant information regarding Employee Relations to the ER Team at Head Office.
- Compiling relevant documentation for CCMA cases.
- Dealing with grievances.
- Facilitating the warning process.
- Conducting incapacity investigations.
- Facilitating retrenchment procedures.
- Provide daily coaching to management on a variety of actions to include policy interpretation and application;
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing legislative requirements, this may include conducting investigations, driving disciplinary and grievance processes.
- Build and maintain an effective relationship with the unions to ensure sound employee relations
- Facilitate entry-level engagement and representation of cases referred to the Bargaining Council/CCMA.
- Implement company policies and procedures to ensure legal compliance, in line with business practices as well as ensure that they are readily available to employees.
- Collaborate with the ER Team at Head Office on the execution of ER initiatives and ensure that these are adhered to.
- Conduct a regional skills audit in order to identify skills gaps.
- Analyse and understand skills gaps identified.
- Communicate training requirements to the Head Office Training and Development Department based on identified skills gaps.
- Create awareness of relevant Training and Development interventions at operational level.
- Assist with relevant information regarding eligibility, enrolment and execution of available training interventions.
- Facilitating administrative processes related to Training and Development.
- Evaluate training effectiveness and report findings to the Head Office Training and Development Department.
- Drive the effective implementation of training interventions.
- Managing the training nomination process.
- Ensuring that candidates are nominated for training in line with their respective careers paths and succession planning.
- Coordinate dates and venues for required training between Head Office and operations.
- Collaborate with the OD Department at Head Office regarding job descriptions, job titles and performance appraisal in order to ensure that they are able to compile required documentation accurately.
- Appropriately circulate job descriptions and ensure that they are properly understood by all employees at operational level.
- Ensure that all employees have signed job descriptions.
- Request competency assessments from Head Office when required and facilitate the administration process.
- Communicate with Head Office regarding feedback on competency assessments.
- Facilitate the performance cycle according company procedures and educate employees and management on Performance Management.
- Implement poor performance interventions where required.
- Analyse team dynamics, prepare and implement appropriate team building interventions when required.
- Implement wellness initiatives on operational level.
- Ensure that relevant payroll documentation such as leave forms, overtime, travel claims and AOD’s are submitted as per the deadlines communicated.
- Attend to payroll related queries.
- Provide information regarding payroll matters such as leave, provident fund and medical aid.
- Advice on the employee rewards programme.
- Conduct an Employment Equity analysis for the applicable region in order to determine areas where transformation is required.
- Communicate findings to the Transformation Department at Head Office.
- Drive the implementation of the Transformation strategy per region.
- Act as change agent to business through process design and approaches that support change and transformation.
- Ensure that the EE strategies and plans contribute to the company’s strategic goals.
- Ensure relevant consulting structures are in place to drive the EE strategy and plan.
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders regarding the reporting structure.
- Ensure that relevant HR communication is displayed on notice boards.
- Maintain continuous feedback to Head Office regarding any matters related to HR.
- Submit monthly reports on each centre of excellence.
- Drive key HR initiatives and strategic processes by partnering with management across a variety of Business Units.
- Provide HR related data and reporting to functional and business leaders to promote data driven decision making and strategic development.
- Coach and develop manager skills such as employee relations, performance management, talent development and other key HR focus areas across the business.
- Strong employee relations background.
- Expert knowledge of applicable labour laws in South Africa.
- English – Read, write and speak well. Superior communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of management
- Strong interpersonal skills to make recommendations & decisions based on solid assumptions
- Ability to identify opportunities for improvement, develop action plans and implement solutions
- Strong organisational, time and project management skills
- Business acumen to make effective decisions in the absence of complete information, with a strong understanding of organisational priorities.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet critical deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Deadline driven
Special conditions of employment:
- South African citizen
- MIE, clear criminal and credit
- Driver’s license and/or own reliable transport
Remuneration and benefits:
- Market-related salary
- Medical aid
- Provident fund
- Staff account
ONLY SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED. IF YOU HAVEN`T BEEN CONTACTED WITHIN TWO WEEKS AFTER THE CLOSING DATE CONSIDER YOUR APPLICATION AS UNSUCCESSFUL.
Dis-Chem Pharmacies is an equal opportunity employer. Dis-Chem’s approved Employment Equity Plan and targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process aligned to Dis-Chem’s Employment Equity & Transformation Strategy. Dis-Chem actively supports the recruitment of People with Disabilities.