CHOC: HUMAN RESOURCES ADMINISTRATOR
CHOC CHILDHOOD CANCER FOUNDATION SOUTH AFRICA
CHOC is a non-profit organisation made up of caring, committed and passionate people who stand up for and support the well-being of children and teenagers diagnosed with cancer or life threatening blood disorders and their families. CHOC aims to save lives through early detection and making the journey of those who are affected by childhood cancer, less burdensome through the comprehensive support programmes they offer.
Choc Childhood Cancer Foundation seeks to appoint Human Resources Administrator to be based in National Office Rivonia.
The purpose of this role is to provide an effective Human Resources administration service in an efficient, professional, and effective manner, supporting with areas of responsibility for administration and provide flexibility to enable the HR department to cope with workloads to maintain a smooth-running department.
Report to: CHOC Human Resources Manager
Start Date: 01 October 2021
Salary in the range of R150 000 – R168 000 per annum, CHOC makes a contribution towards a pension fund and medical aid after a successful probationary period.
- Maintain employee staff and leave files.
- Capture staff details on VIP as and when required.
- Coordinate receipt of all leave applications, verify and capture leave on the leave schedule accurately.
- Prepare all leave and toil applications for Managers for approval.
- File and maintain all leave records.
- Transfer terminated staff files to termination cabinet.
- Assist the HR Manager in sourcing the best advertising platform for all vacant positions
- Assist in posting advertisements for all vacant positions.
- Conduct administrative duties for the HR Manager in screening CV’s and applications, setting interview appointments and the logistics thereof.
- Ensure that the relevant Hiring Manager has completed the interview questionnaire and it’s approved by the HR Manager.
- Prepare interview packs for the interview panel.
- Welcome packs are prepared in time for the new employee.
- Ensure that all the necessary resources are in place for the new employee’s first day.
- An induction program/plan is coordinated with the relevant managers, and the relevant people to do induction have been booked.
- Ensure that the induction checklist is completed and filed in the staff file.
Human Resource Meetings
- Prepare for and attend all HR related meetings as and when necessary, e.g. EE Meeting
- Arrange meeting logistics.
- Take minutes and distribute minutes to all parties involved.
Human Resource General Administration:
- Provide data and prepare all relevant HR correspondence, documents and or/reports as and when required.
- Deal with enquiries, requests and queries timeously and escalate to HRM if necessary.
- Assist with all medical aid applications, change of options etc. together with the Broker.
- Assist with the maintenance and development of policies and procedures.
- Check and keep track of the attendance register.
- Prepare all payment requisitions relevant for the HR Department, and ensure they are paid on time.
- Assist the HRM to prepare for annual payroll audit.
- As and when needed source training quotes for staff training.
- Update all relevant HR documentation.
- As and when required complete all UIF documents.
- Qualification: HR related qualification (or in process)
- Experience: At least 3-5 years’ experience working in a HR environment, Knowledge of South African laws and HR compliance and regulations, A clear understanding of, and insight into, the BCEA, LRA, OHS, EE and POPI Act
- Systems: A sound working knowledge of at least one well known HR system, preferably Sage Payroll Professional
- Skills and Attributes: Ability to maintain confidentiality Accuracy, numeracy, deadline-oriented, strong attention to detail, excellent written and verbal communication skills, be proactive and display initiative, critical thinking and a champion for compliance, honesty and integrity, the ability to work as part of a team as well as independently, strong interpersonal skills.
- Language Proficiency: Fluency in English
- Other: Computer literacy (MS Office) and good administrative skills.
To apply submit your CV with the names and contact details of at least 3 recent referees as well as the following documentation to email@example.com
PLEASE USE HR ADMIN on the subject line
- Certified copy of your identity document/passport
- Certified copy of your driver’s licence
- Certified copy of your qualification or academic record
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application – NGO Pulse Portal
For more about CHOC Childhood Cancer Foundation South Africa, refer to choc.org.za