Human Resources Consultant (7341)
Consultant: Human Resources Business Partner
Report Line: Lead: Human Resources Business Partner
Division: Human Resources
Scale Code: 401
Closing date: 25 April 2021
Reporting to the Lead: HRBP, the incumbent to partner with and provide HR services, advice and support to the relevant Division in order to establish and implement HR strategies that foster the organization and people development for them.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- DEVELOPMENT AND IMPLEMENTATION OF STRATEGY (STRATEGY ALIGNMENT)
- Supports the implementation of people agenda within the department or business unit under the leadership of HRBP Lead.
- Contribute to the execution of the people plan and implementation of the People Strategies that attract, develop and retain employees.
- Analyses Divisional business plans and determines their implication on the business units HR programmes and practices.
- Using the divisional knowledge obtained, assesses current HR practices and programmes for relevance and impact.
- Determines whether or not to continue, amend or discontinue with such programmes and practices and which new HR initiatives are required.
- Proposes a plan of action, obtain approval and buy-in, designs and/or source solutions and facilitate implementation and follow-up on results.
- MANAGE TALENT ATTRACTION AND RETENTION PROCESS
- Identify the vacancy, check whether the vacant position is funded and critical. Then, complete the Request to Employ and engage the line manager.
- Submit advert to HRSSC for advertising (internal and or external)
- Conduct final short-listing with line manager.
- Ensure that interviews are scheduled.
- Develop interview questionnaire guidelines and decision matrix in conjunction with line manager and conduct the interviews and assessment
- Compile interview report
- Facilitate the qualification and background check.
- Make employment offer
- On-boarding and engagement packs to the successful candidate
- Provide guidance and advice to line manager on the recruitment processes
- Advise line manager on the remuneration directive guidelines to attract and retain incumbents.
- Pro-actively address client needs on all human resources matters
- Make the counter offer to retain the incumbents where possible
- Identify short, medium and long term resourcing issues; engage clients on new roles, replacement and recruitment and retention strategies
- COLLABORATING WITH LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT AND COORDINATION OF EMPLOYMENT RELATIONS
- Identify and recommend training needs, gaps and interventions
- Ensure that division and each employee submit Personal Development Plans
- Facilitate the implementation of the Workplace Skills Plan (WSP)
- Advise and facilitate the divisional specific training needs, and all relevant training interventions.
- Collaborate, maintain and collaborate with organizational effectiveness, employee relations and remuneration colleagues to ensure efficient delivery within customer base. relations with all key stakeholders for the benefit of a healthy business environment
- Advice, manage, and facilitate grievances and outcomes of the disciplinary matters.
- Educate and advise managers, staff on adherence to HR processes, policies, rules and legislation
- COLLABORATE AND COORDINATION OF ORGANISATIONAL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMMES & REMUNERATION AND BENEFITS
- Advise and educate employees on wellness services
- Management of employee referrals to wellness
- Monitor the progress of the employees
- Contribute toward the implementation of wellness programmes within the division.
- Update and compile the EE plan, reports and presentations.
- Advise line on implementing divisional micro-plan EE targets.
- Advise on the process and procedure of job evaluation
- Complete the job evaluation request form with the line manager.
- Coordinate the process of developing job profiles.
- Check and ensure that the supporting documents are attached for evaluation.
- Request for creation for posts in conjunction with line manager.
- Facilitate and coordinate the process of review of the organisational structure.
- Facilitate the implementation of human resources projects
- Implement performance based culture intervention within the business unit.
- Advice and coach business unit on Performance Management, contracting and reviews.
- Capacitate business unit on performance management process.
- Facilitate and advice on dealing with non-performance matters and dispute arising from performance management review.
- To manage a change management ethos and understanding within the division, providing support to management with a rapidly changing media environment
- Understand and champion the business of being a strategic business partner
- Advise on the remuneration scale code and benefits
- Advise on the remuneration related process and policy.
- Provide advice on the medical aid contributions, group life and pension.
- Provide advice on the following e.g. commemorative fund, best funeral scheme, and long service awards.
- GENERAL ADMINISTRATION, MAINTENANCE AND HR ANALYTICS
- Facilitate the termination of employment
- Coordinate and action relocation/ transfers of employees i.e. allowance payment.
- Facilitate the compliance and completing declaration of business interest(s) on SAP.
- Prepare and submit inputs into human resource monthly reports
- Keep abreast of changes within labour legislation to ensure the correct application of labour law
- Keep abreast of human resources practices in order to provide a one-stop professional human resource service
- Uses HR technology and systems (SAP) to extract relevant HR data for line management to make better decisions on workforce issues/matters
- Compile and presents meaningful HR reports through interpretation, comparisons and trend analyses
- Oversees the process of ensuring data integrity of HR system
- Conduct and analyse exit interviews with suggestions on improvement to line management
- STAKEHOLDER MANAGEMENT
- Drive the research, design and development of HR initiatives in support of the HR strategy, using expert knowledge of the client area
- Partner with Business to execute business-specific HR strategies
- Trusted and works effectively with all stakeholders to improve effectiveness across all HR function
- Partner with HR Services and the Centres of Expertise to ensure seamless HR service for Management, Labour and Employees
- Influence the adherence to HR policies and procedures through effective support to the business
- Contribute meaningfully in divisional quarterly scheduled BULCs
- Formulate strong partnerships with business to manage any under-performance and dealing with ad-hoc employee relations issues.
- Collaborate with relevant HR Specialists to identify, enhance and promote best practices aimed at forming an effective HR service.
- Guiding people to address SABC Processes & Policies: Understand employee opinions and anticipate their needs and concerns
- Degree (NQF level 7) or Diploma (NQF level 6) in Human Resource Management or related discipline
- Membership of SABPP and IPM will be a recommendation
- 3 to 5 Years and more relevant experience in human resource Management
- Experience in working in an unionised environment
- Human Resource Information System
- South African employment/labour legislation and related regulatory frameworks
- Human resources governance, principles, rules, processes and procedures.
- Demonstrates thorough understanding of HR theories and best practices regarding behavioural drivers for improving and sustaining working relationship;
- Thorough understanding and capability in Individual, Team and Organisational Development processes.
- Demonstrates thorough understanding of Emotive, Behavioural and Leadership Development processes.
- Demonstrates thorough understanding of labour relations, coaching, counselling and mentoring theories and best practices, as well as methodologies.
- Demonstrates thorough understanding of Conflict Resolution Processes, (facilitation, mediation, arbitration of individual, team and unions) techniques and feedback.
- Working knowledge of the legislative framework governing human resource practices in the country.