ICT HELP DESK SUPPORT
ALL INCLUSIVE ANNUAL REMUNERATION PACKAGE (TCTC): R276 692.00
Reporting directly to the ICT Manager, the incumbent shall be responsible for:
• serving as the first point of contact for SASSETA staff seeking ICT technical support /
• attending to, evaluating and prioritizing incoming telephone, e-mail, and in person requests for
assistance from users experiencing technical problems and record/log the details;
• configuring, testing and troubleshooting network connectivity and wireless access for local and
remote computers and any other related devices;
• responding to requests for new or configured hardware or software, and keep inventory up to
• installing and updating desktops, laptops, peripherals, networks, and related authorised
• accessing hardware or software for staff to make changes and resolve issues both in person and
• performing remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent issues;
• troubleshooting hardware and software problems, logging problems and documenting fixes;
• diagnosing system errors and other issues;
• tracking and monitoring day-to-day performance of systems, and conduct analysis with the goal
of improving performance;
• installing, updating and repairing software on SASSETA ICT systems;
• setting up and troubleshooting domains, user accounts and software accounts;
• determining the best solution based on the issue and details provided by SASSETA staff;
• training other staff members on troubleshooting and diagnosing problems;
• following up with staff to ensure full resolutions of their reported ICT problems;
• directing complex and/or unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel;
• providing accurate information on ICT products or services;
• making inputs during development of ICT training manuals for new and updated software and
• requesting feedback and/or monitoring calls and other methods of correspondence to improve
• managing and ensuring safe keeping of SASSETA ICT assets;
• submitting ICT reports as and when required; and
• performing any other duty(ies) that may be delegated by the ICT Manager from time to time.
• A minimum of NQF Level 5 ICT qualification and a MSCE qualification;
• Microsoft Exams (MCP number to be provided);
• A relevant certificate or equivalent in ICT (A+, N+ MCSE, MCITP, Exchange and SQL, ITL) is
• A minimum of 2 years relevant experience with demonstrable software, hardware and network
• Must be computer literate at an expert level.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
• Knowledge of hardware/software/network installation and troubleshooting;
• Knowledge of configuring and troubleshooting servers, switches, printers, desktops and laptops;
• Must be able to prioritise ICT calls for technical support in terms of urgency;
• Effective communication to team leaders and end users;
• Client service driven individual;
• Able to work unsupervised;
• Work with attention to detail and according to company policy;
• Effective time management and planning;
• Comply with al ICT Policies, ICT Governance Framework, ICT Procedures, Standards and
• Ability to make sure that SASSETA staff adhere to ICT governance framework, policies,
procedures, standards and guidelines;
• Good technical and analytical skills;
• Report writing skills;
• Good interpersonal skills; and
• Problem solving skills
PLACE OF WORK
SASSETA Head Office, Waterfall Corporate Campus, 74 Waterfall Drive, MIDRAND, 2090.
Submit your application, together with certified copies of all your qualifications (from Matric / Grade
12 to the highest held tertiary qualification) including ID Copy using one of the following options:
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Post to: P.O. Box 7612, Halfway House, 1685
• Hand Delivery: Place of work appearing above
Closing Date for Applications: 2 August 2021
The successful candidates will be subjected to security clearance and will be expected to sign employment
contracts and performance contracts.
Candidates from “designated groups” are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us after four (4) weeks from the
closing date, assume that your application was unsuccessful.
PLEASE NOTE: Applications from unsuccessful candidates will not be retained.
NB: SASSETA reserves the right not to make an appointment.