ICT SERVICE DESK LEARNERSHIP X 4
Purpose of the Learnership: The Organization is committed to youth skills development by providing unemployed learners who have completed grade 12 with an opportunity to gain work experience and a SAQA qualification. Applications are invited for a Learnership from unemployed graduates between the age of 18 and 35. The learnership program will run for a period of eighteen (18) months.
Work based exposure may include the following.
- Logging, tracking, escalating, communicating and closing of Incidents and Service requests.
- Prioritize calls for speedy response on urgent matters.
- Provide administrative services relevant to ICT Service Desk including receipt and processing of access request forms.
- Escalate unresolved problems to 2nd line support.
- Make follow-ups with Users and customer engineers to ensure that the User problem is attended timeously.
- Monitor incidents/requests according to priority.
- Ensure that information captured from 2nd line is relevant to calls logged.
- Maintain a Knowledge Library of incidents resolved
- Generate regular reports on incidents reported and documented solutions developed.
- Report on external services provided by External Service Providers ensuring they adhere to SLA agreed.
NB: Learners will be required to attend classes and complete assignments/portfolios of evidence,
The learners will be required to complete 30% learning and 70% workplace learning components before they can be awarded their formal qualification.
Certified Grade 12 certificate
- Certified copy of your ID
- Certified copy of Academic transcript
- Your CV and motivational letter
Technical and behavioral competencies required
- Personal mastery.
- Emotional wisdom.
- Ethics and governance.
- Customer orientation and customer focus.
- Communication skills.
- Team player.
- Telephone etiquette.
- Time management.
- Listening skills.
- Attention to details.
The successful candidate will be required to display the following competencies in this role:
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Detail orientation
- Desire and potential to learn
- Basic computer skills
- Prioritize tasks as needed
The learners will be awarded a monthly stipend.
Closing date: 23 November 2021
NB: Applications can be forwarded to the following mail address: Patiencem.Recruitment@raf.co.za
No hand delivered applications will be accepted.
INSTRUCTION TO PROSPECTIVE APPLICANTS
1. Indicate the reference number for the learnership you are applying for on the subject line.
2. Submit a short CV and a motivational letter as to why your application should be considered with a maximum of 3 pages, applications with no academic transcript will not be considered.
3. Applicants must be unemployed, was never employed in the field of the post and never participated in a learnership program in the relevant field of the post previously
4. The applicant must not have previously served as a learner before.
5. Should it be found that the applicant previously served as a learnership and did not disclose that info and it is discovered later, the applicant will be disqualified?
The Road Accident Fund subscribes to the principles of employment equity and preference will be given to groups who are underrepresented in terms of our Employment Equity Plan
Please note that the prospective employees will be subjected to security vetting
NB: Applicants who have not received any correspondence from us within six weeks from the closing date can consider themselves unsuccessful
NB! ONLY THE FIRST 300 CV’S WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION.